lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
g1repairman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default governer

how do you take the governer off of a G1 golf cart
g1repairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default Re: governer

I have a G1 and I think you can modify the governor on a G1 but not bypass it... There is a sticky on this page I believe that shows it how to be done... Smallblock450 is good with the Yammis... He may chime in here and give you his input! Is it a 2 stroke G1?
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I would think you would need to fabricate a bracket off the carb or manifold that would hold the accelrator cable at a point that pushing the pedal "full throttle" would open the throttle shaft wide open. Do your's have exhaust linkage also? You would need it to be kept in the open position, but then you'd loose some low end torque.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Too much linkage on the G1's in my opinion to try and bypass the governor. I'm sure it can be done but it would more than likely be a lot of trouble for the average person. Plus the exhaust valve on the front. Find a somewhat longer screw for the governor and tighten it all the way. May have to clamp the governor together as well with a hose clamp or something. The governor screw can strip pretty easy when tightened all the way.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Too much linkage on the G1's in my opinion to try and bypass the governor. I'm sure it can be done but it would more than likely be a lot of trouble for the average person. Plus the exhaust valve on the front. Find a somewhat longer screw for the governor and tighten it allthe way. May have to clamp the governor together as well with a hose clamp or something. The governor screw can strip pretty easy when tightened all the way.
Nice input spriddle I forgot about the longer screw we used to put in them. And that we would take the "nut" off also so the screw would turn in farther.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You could do it the easy way and stick a golf tee in the carb so it runs wide open, thats what I used to do!! JK, not a good idea! I would try to fab up something off the carb like smalll block said so it would pull the the cable down further!
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha