lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #11
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: 16hp clone / driven Clutch

Yes, I think we are all agreeing that with that motor you will be better off just going back to stock, with the spacer instead of circlip. Not too sexy, but it works.....
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #12
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I agree, stock spring, new sliding sheave, new spacer to replace the clip. Also if you have the old style ramp shoes (plastic buttons) on your helix, now is a good time to upgrade to the new style helix with the screw on ramp shoes. I just bought all of this stuff from CPP for my Geep1 project.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #13
ckraker
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I pulled the driven clutch today---- I am not seeing a c clip. Either somone already had this thing apart and replaced it, or I'm not looking for the correct thing. Anyone have pics?

Also I posted a few pic of the engine mount fabrication. For the rear mount I used the old engine mount crossbar, I had to grind off the welds so I could slide the engine left/right as I needed to line up the new clutch. For the front I used a piece of angle iron that just rests on the frame of the cart. I wanted to keep the back rubber mounts to deal with some of the vibration. The angle iron on the front of the engine will eventually be welded into place, but I have the angle iron cut so that it will still let the engine move as much as the rear rubber mounts require. I'll post more pics as I progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (49.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (49.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (66.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (71.2 KB, 25 views)
ckraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:11 AM   #14
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i have seen that golf cart on craigs list before im from west Michigan did you just pick it up a couple month ago like 6 or so
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #15
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

More than likely it broke and fell off. Those things are notorious for that. You'll need to get the spacer and install it. Here's a pic of the spring/spacer kit. You need the spacer. I'm sure you could get just the spacer if you call one of the sponsors. This pic is from Cart Parts Plus.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #16
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Post a pic of your driven clutch parts and the shaft on the rear end. We can see what you have.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #17
ckraker
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I'm at work right now so I don't have any new pics, Does that spacer go between the fixed and sliding sheaves? There was a washer in there but it doesn't have the grooves on the inside for the splined shaft. Pluse it isn't as wide as the one it the picture.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #18
ckraker
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady bug View Post
i have seen that golf cart on craigs list before im from west Michigan did you just pick it up a couple month ago like 6 or so
I got it off Craigslist, like 3 or 4 months ago
Old 02-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #19
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckraker View Post
I'm at work right now so I don't have any new pics, Does that spacer go between the fixed and sliding sheaves? There was a washer in there but it doesn't have the grooves on the inside for the splined shaft. Pluse it isn't as wide as the one it the picture.
With everything off of the driven shaft, the spacer goes on first with the splines facing the rear end housing, then the helix, spring, sliding sheave, woodruff key, fixed sheave, washer, nut and cotter pin. Leave the plastic spacer between the sheaves out.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #20
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
With everything off of the driven shaft, the spacer goes on first with the splines facing the rear end housing, then the helix, spring, sliding sheave, woodruff key, fixed sheave, washer, nut and cotter pin. Leave the plastic spacer between the sheaves out.
Yes, throw this away. Thanks Ron. Good post.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha