lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
mullar2005
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G14 Cam and Crank

Hello to all.
Just tore my engine apart and found that my Camshaft is cracked in half. Also. the small gear on the crankshaft is a little gummed up but not too bad. I am on a tight budget as we all are. Just finished college and starting to pay back the loans. Just wanted to know where I can get a reasonable camshaft and possibly a crankshaft gear? I am fine with used items. Any information would be a great help.
mullar2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G14 Cam and Crank

Hey mullar, good luck on finding those, you never know. I would bet that you're that gonna have to buy new OEM.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullar2005 View Post
Hello to all.
Just tore my engine apart and found that my Camshaft is cracked in half. Also. the small gear on the crankshaft is a little gummed up but not too bad. I am on a tight budget as we all are. Just finished college and starting to pay back the loans. Just wanted to know where I can get a reasonable camshaft and possibly a crankshaft gear? I am fine with used items. Any information would be a great help.
A used cam...maybe, the gear is part of the crankshaft...if bad..,new crank. Was the block damaged at the cam journels? Sorry to the the bad news guy.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
mullar2005
Not Yet Wild

Block at the cam journals was ok. The inside looks good. The gear on the crank is not that bad. One or two of the teeth are a little punched out and a few teeth have some metal rolled over. I am not sure if i can file a little bit of that to clean it up or not.
mullar2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha