lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2010, 06:01 AM   #11
Ruckus
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 4" All Sport Lift Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB74 View Post
Pix of frame mods for the later clutch. These are posted somewhere on this forum and I saved them for future reference. I did not note who originally posted them,however. Thank you whoever you are.
Thanks for the pics, those are perfect!
Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
JDC
Gone Wild

I'm doing a 5" jakes and have the same issue. I'm thinking about cutting the clutch cover down instead of cutting all that frame out. Theres about a 1/4" clearance with the cover off so if I cut the cover down to just an 1/8" or less from the bolt head there should be minimal frame clearancing required.
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #13
JDC
Gone Wild

Disregaurd that last post I had a brain fart. All the clearance in the cover is required when the clutch is engaging. I guess I'll be chopping the frame also.
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #14
Ruckus
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I should have responded a while ago, but I have completed the frame clearance work and have a couple of pics to add. It's been done for a while and working great, I love the extra clearance this lift gave me. Here are the shots of the frame cut out for clearance then the frame boxed in. I added a piece of 3/16" steel to bridge both sides for added strength. I have road it hard and it is holding up great...so far... I will move the finished pics from the camera to the computer and post them in the next few days. Thanks for all the help to those of you here at BGW, my cart is a bigger blast to run around on at the campgrounds!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg all cut out.JPG (62.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg all boxed in.JPG (61.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 09-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
Ruckus
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Here is a picture of the finished frame notch. This is as good as it gets at the campground. When the cart comes home for the winter, I will take the time to clean up the welds and spatter and put a better paint job on the frame.

Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg In-Season finish.jpg (144.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 09-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The deal is, that is a G2/9 clutch. What yamaha did is stopped making the old square shaped G1 clutch and replaced them with the new G2 clutch. Naturally they don't care about lifted carts, but the old original clutch is not that deep. It also has a spring in it so you can make it take off harder. The old clutch can take off with a lurch, that is why yamaha said they made the new one with no spring. True, but we are not golfing lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #17
bobwg
Not Yet Wild

im in columbus ruckus just a question where did you get the fender flares cool id like to have some of those im gonna make some changes to my g1 this winter when i bring it home from campgrounds
bobwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #18
Ruckus
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwg View Post
im in columbus ruckus just a question where did you get the fender flares cool id like to have some of those im gonna make some changes to my g1 this winter when i bring it home from campgrounds
That is kcnaz, here is a link back to his page, but your right they look great! Also I wish my OEM seats looked as good as his do too.
http://http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifted-golf-carts/34336-1979-yamaha-lift.html

Last edited by Ruckus; 09-07-2010 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: One too many https
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha