lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
TimKarp
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha G9... looking for some ideas!

I just bought a 1983 G9 in decent shape and i'm looking for somos basic ideas and information. Motor runs decent but would like to get a little more speed\power without going crazy.
TimKarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
TimKarp
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G9... looking for some ideas!

so far I have ordered a new rear flip down seat (powder coated black), heavy duty springs for rear, and light kit (needs to be cut in). This could get as expensive as my snowmobile hobby!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
TimKarp
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm looking at a black dashboard and adding a MP3 hookup. Do I need any special type of fuse box or can I just use an inline fuse. Believe JBL makes a hookup with an AMP and wont need a radio. Just AMP, speakers, and MP3 player. Just learning so bare with me. LOL!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
TimKarp
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I also ordered black front seat covers to match rear seat on order... wife is already wondering why all the paypal statements :)
Old 08-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Just wire all that stuff direct to the battery it can cause problems if you try to use the frame for ground. Is the governor all the way up? Look behind the secondary clutch and you will see a lever on the top of trans, tighten the 10mm nut on the stud all the way. Next turn the key off and pop the seat, does the throttle start to move at about 1" of travel at top of pedal? If not pull the floor panel out and adjust the cable. Some carts you have to pull the pedal off and move it up a spline if the pedal is close to body without much travel. Should be able to get full throttle at the carb that way and full speed the governor will allow. Otherwise disable the governor.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
TimKarp
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks! The governor is all the way up but have not checked the cables yet, but will do so. I'm prob going to put in a 12v plug and a small amp for MP3 player. Should those go straight to the barrery also. I though about putting a small fuse box in and wiring that straight to the battery and hook up everything off that but not sure if that s possible on a cart.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
TimKarp
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Anyone use these Power Package kits? Are they worth it? Looking to add rear flip seat, etc so prob need more power than I have stock.
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-...-g-2-g-21.html
Old 08-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Yes, great upgrade for a stock engine. If your belt and driven clutch are in good condition, this is the way to go >> http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-power-kit.html

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #9
TimKarp
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This kit comes with belt:
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-...-g-2-g-21.html
You say "If your belt and driven clutch are in good condition". Is there a way for me to check this? I can see belt(s) and basics of clutch but not exactly sure what else I need to look at.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Putting a fuse block in would be ideal. The only thing on my cart is the lights or I would have put a block in. If you had a block with 4-5 fuses in it to hook stuff to, that would be nice and one set of wires to battery.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas cart, yamaha, yamaha g9
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha