lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
br0dy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Potentially buying a 1995 Club Car (link enclosed) Thoughts?

Hi, all.

I'm new to the world of golf carts, but want one for an art project. There are some folks selling one that I'm interested in, $1000 OBO (I could probably talk them down to $850 or $900, they say they got a $700 offer but that's too low)...

http://reno.craigslist.org/for/2833522302.html

They say it's stored indoors and had a tuneup last year, and hasn't really been used since. I'm going to be altering its cosmetics, so I don't care that it looks kind of jenky...and the added wiring for additional lighting is good for my nefarious purposes.

Questions:
1) is this a good deal? I'd be driving probably 4 hours to grab it, but would be as part of a fun road-trip if so!

2) anything in particular I should look for if I go up there to check it out? I'm pretty mechanically idiotic, but any glaring warning signs I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks! I look forward to becoming a part of this community once I'm a proud owner!
br0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Potentially buying a 1995 Club Car (link enclosed) Thoughts?

Looks like it's all there. Bring a battery and a compression tester... would be nice if you could get it to run with some fresh gas and a plug and see if the clutches are going to work?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
tacomaman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

definitely take a compression tester with you. hopefully.....with fresh gas and a new battery, she will crank up fairly easily. the carb will probably need to be cleaned...and check the clutches as well....make sure the shoe ramps are good on the secondary clutch.
tacomaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i do not beleive that cart was on the road inh 2010 and i sure don,t beleive its dmv approved and thats just from those few pics..........my advice pass on it that looks like a 300 cart at best and i,ll bet for 900 you can do much better.............i wouldn,t offer anymore than 300 for it .....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm kinda gonna have to agree with shadowman on this one, BUT... I'd offer $500.00!

The big concern to me would be the "extra battery box"... who knows what wiring has been messed with!
PLUS... you have to drive one way, 4 hours to pick it up! (and fuel ain't cheap!)

IF it's an art project... I'd suggest you look for something closer to you that's a bit cheaper (that runs)
so you can put your full art potential into it!

my .02
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

personally i have driven 1.5 hours to pick up a frame. but i had a project for that one...

I would not even go to look at that cart for 700.

just my .02
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #7
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Looks can be deceiving but that thing looks like junk from here. The rear seat backs are incorrect for starters. Looks like a Frat House project gone bad imho

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #8
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I tend to agree with the others that I'd pass on it. $300 from me would be really stretching it. I'm often concerned about what others have done before I get it. Some times putting new rings and honing a motor can be easier then repairing what others have done. It looks failry beat and those club cars have aluminum frames that crack at the front suspension when beat on a little too hard.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
br0dy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hmm. Thanks for the recommendations. Yeah, it is pretty far away (I was going to be up in Reno anyway, though), and it does look pretty beat-up. I'm not in a HUGE hurry, so I guess I'll wait and see what comes to light closer to me.

I'm checking Craigslist, I've already emailed the local golf courses to see if they're getting rid of any (no dice)....where else can I find a good gas golf cart?
br0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #10
Munsoned
Not Yet Wild

Hey man I live in Reno, and I think I know what you after =). There is a cart place in stead just north of Reno that has many used carts in various condition. I also looked at the cart in that add and it was in rough shape, they are adding to the price because of the battery and invert-er set-up which was kind of unnecessary if they where just to run LEDs. The springs where warn so any additional weight would drag down the cart and potentially rub depending on what your planning to put on it.

Anyhow check this place out Sierra Golf Carts & Auto (775) 972-3205, I found a cart here for 500 bucks that runs good same year as the above one, body was in rough shape but for an art project I think they may have what you need. There only open Monday - Friday though. Good Luck hope to see you on the playa.
Munsoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car