lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: new bulbs flashed them burnt out

ok copo stole my thunder.......i have also seen where truck drivers keep burning up relays on there trucks and the harness after the replace the regular halogen bulbs with the hid bulbs. each liht has its own fuse and relay, but still burns them up. change the lights and no problems. enginners at kenworth are still trying to figure it out. most run a 30 amp fuse and a 30 amp relay. but the fog liights can have a shared fuse and a shared relay, and have no issues. and all lights are the old style 5x7 glass headlight bulbs.
but even with the headlights on 48, it should have blown real bright for about a minute or 2 then go out..burning your bulb. should be easy enough to look at the filamint and see there broke. filiments on a head light are long and have more surface area. tail lights(194 bulbs) and insturment lights are small and have a very little suface area. you can bearly even see the spiral in the filament .
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #12
Copo427ss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So is this a electric cart? I ask this cause you said you are getting 48v to the switch.
Copo427ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
topshelf333
Getting Wild

I would have to say it's your voltage regulator. Bad voltage regulators are hard on bulbs, batteries, and everything else electronic.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
topshelf333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copo427ss View Post
So is this a electric cart? I ask this cause you said you are getting 48v to the switch.
Yes sir, it is! http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-diagram.html

No offense Zach... we're all a bit were confused because this is the CC gas section,
It's o.k.... it wasn't the first time... and it won't be the last!

If you don't have one already... you'll need a 48V to 12V voltage reducer, or you can tie your lights into just 1 battery!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
zach23
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

well the cart did not have a voltage regulator before and the bulbs were working now they don't, i have 4 12 volts and was trying to see if i could hook up the lights to one of the battery's or are they drawing 48 volts?
zach23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #16
Copo427ss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Yes sir, it is! http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-diagram.html

No offense Zach... we're all a bit were confused because this is the CC gas section,
It's o.k.... it wasn't the first time... and it won't be the last!

If you don't have one already... you'll need a 48V to 12V voltage reducer, or you can tie your lights into just 1 battery!

Lol. I had a hunch. It was electric but was still confused.
Copo427ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car