lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #11
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Brakes Question

I think you may have pulled the levers into unused area
when first dropped and now the return springs are unable
to retract the shows completely. I would pull the hubs
and clean and lube every thing.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I did get them working way better. I took the drums off, loaded each side with brake cleaner and played with the adjustment. Now the passenger side releases completely and the drivers side releases almost completely, maybe 97%.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Arrow Re: Brakes Question

I've figured out that part of my brake issue actually began a few months ago when I lengthened the throttle rod that goes from the pedal to the control box under the seat. When I lengthened that rod, it changed the orientation of the little e-brake cam on the pedal to the multiple teeth on the e-brake cam that hooks to the gas pedal.

Lengthening the rod changes the rest position of the gas pedal, and since the gas pedal is directly linked to the toothed e-brake cam, it was forcing that cam up against the single-toothed cam on the pedal. This is what was causing the brake pedal to lock into park any time the pedal was pressed, even if it wasn't a lot.

So the good news is that I shortened the rod and now the brakes are great. The bad news is my cart is slow again, basically stock. I'm currently trying to find a way to regain my speed without messing up the brakes.

I'm thinking that if I get some more travel out of the pedal I can get the speed back without adjusting that rod. One thought was possibly cutting an inch or two off the top of the gas pedal so it can go further to the floor. It sounds ridiculously simple but I don't know why it shouldn't work.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #14
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I just removed the rubber floor mat from my cart just to test my theory and this allowed the pedal to travel an extra 1/8". Noticeable difference. It looks like its not going to take much to "get back up to speed".
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car