lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
JWatkins1
Not Yet Wild

Red face Cart lurching on takeoff after smelling burning rubber

I did a dumb thing the other day. While attempting a little hill, the cart stopped on the uphill. Instead of setting the brake, I held it there with the accelerator while allowing people to get off and push. I smelled burning rubber and assume it to be the clutch belt. Now, when starting off, there is a noticeable pause and then the cart jerks and accelerates. It is the same forward or reverse. The belt is fairly new, but I guess a new belt is in order? Anything else I should be looking into?

The oil light issue isn't low oil as I check it regularly. The cart has a 6 inch lift. We lowered the front of the engine to compensate. The oil light still comes on. Intermittently on flat ground, but stays on when going uphill. Any suggestions? Do I just drain it and put 40 oz in and make a new mark? It is the FE290 engine.
Thanks, Joe
JWatkins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
fd123
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cart lurching on takeoff after smelling burning rubber

upon examination of the belt>> youll find a low spot from it slipping. replace your belt again to fix! and on your oil light issue..i dont know..havent had that problem "YET"...lol
fd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Put it in maintance mode and watch the belt to see what it does. I would think as stated it has a big ol flat spot.

yup. put in exact amount. Start engine and run for a minute or so and let settle. then make a new mark on dipstick. Very common.

also I run synthetic oil in my carts. It flows much better than regular oil, especially when cold or when doing higher than stock rpm for periods of time. It is pretty common for my carryall to have the oil light come on if i don't let it warm up. and it is a stock suspension cart.
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
JWatkins1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. I figured the belt was a replacement item after the dumb thing I did.

I am going to try synthetic oil and the new dipstick marking. Nothing to lose.
Joe
Old 04-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Also check for rubber smeared on the clutch,
you may need to clean it with some acetone.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
JWatkins1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks DOOmsman. Will do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car