lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Hollywoodgt
Not Yet Wild

Default Carts Plus - Need advise

Well guy's my story of woe. I called Cart Plus up to get some prices on modifications to my 1986 Club Car clutch. Spoke to women and asked for qoutes to modify the clutch assy and anything else, but she was kind of busy and asked me to call back and speak to one of the guys. So I called Tuesday and spoke with one of the guys there and since were a Auto facility and Roush Performance Center...to speed things up I asked can I get the spec's on cutting the hub and I'd pay twice the price (for the info) and send me the balance of the parts over night.....can't do that to hard to explain. Ok I'm cool with that. So then I asked can you machine a new one and add all the other parts you'd recommned and fax the cost to me.....so it can be over nighted and I'll know the cost. Plus I'm interested in a new motor with in a month.

So no fax no call ......its now Wednesday at 4 pm and now there's no way I'm going to get the stuff in time like they said. We'll actually he said he could get the new hub machined, but the rest is up to billing????

So my question to you is this......is this the only game in town? I know that with my business were not allowed the luxury to have such poor follow up and to me just seemed like their to busy to make a $350.00 plus sale happen.Now I know most of you have had great service .....but not even a phone call or how long can it take to get a decent size order ready? So if I can find a vendor that actually have one in stock or maybe a better idea has an exchange unit stocking them ......or has new ones in stock ready to supply to there customers......maybe I could still get it before I leave????

Thank you in advance
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Carts Plus - Need advise

i don't want to hurt your feelings but... ever thought they are busy ? you needing it tomorrow is not their fault .. any large company needs time to do things, pull parts, and get a bill together ... call ask for update
Old 05-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
Hollywoodgt
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Carts Plus - Need advise

No feelings hurt.....the intial cal was a week ago. The second call was Tuesday and they said (He) said he could machine the new one with no problem. I left my name phone and fax it was agreed that it can be done, just needed the bill sent?

Follow up is the most important thing of any business. One would also think if there is such a demand, you could have parts pre-machined with out a large inventory.

Bottom line is the ball was dropped, money wasn't the issue, just time. Like I said sense we have the ability to machine parts.....I offered double the money just to know what to machine it too.....not top secret once you get one that's already machined.....just was trying to take the pressure off them, let them make double the money and send me the smaller parts. When that didnt work ......I said can you send and machine a new one....sure! Then the ball was dropped. I assumed I was set to go until I called them back because I did not recieve a fax.

Sure there a great company.....helped a bunch of members. Just didnt work for me and my questions was are they the only game in town machining clutch hubs? I always like to help the sponsors out first.
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car