lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
rwwoods
Not Yet Wild

Default Carb Pilot Air Screw

I am unable to turn the pilot air screw more than a 1/2 turn until it hits a stop. The screw head has a flange that hits a flange on the carb body. The flanges appears to be just like as shown in the carb parts diagram. How do you turn the screw past the built in stops? Here is a link to the parts diagram in another post - see item 3.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...e290-carb.html
rwwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
rwwoods
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Carb Pilot Air Screw

I searched posts in several forums and found that people grind the tab off the screw in order to make the adjustment. I have to ask now, if the adjustment is really necessary since it only affects the idle mixture. My cart has pedal start so it is rarely operating at or near idle. Most often its operating at max throttle. So, why should I bother making an idle mixure adjustment?
Old 08-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
rwwoods
Not Yet Wild

anyone?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

O.K... I'll try to keep this as brief as possible.

On newer Kawi engines, the pilot air screw is preset at the factory for "around" two turns out with the stops,
this makes the engine compatible for a number of different applications besides just a Club Car golf car.

I have a pedal start cart, which I made idle, and I was able to set the pilot air screw for optimum efficiency at idle,
(Just with the 1/2 to 3/4 turn of the screw that it allowed me to... and it's presently just a little more then half)

So my question is... being that that you know that it's really is just a idle, or low RPM mixture set screw,
why are you worried about resetting it if your cart doesn't idle?

lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car