lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2015, 08:20 AM   #21
Vaejovis Carolinanus
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 EZ Go yea or nea?

Wow ,I am going to check into that. Did they give you any kind of warranty?
Vaejovis Carolinanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #22
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

90 day warranty on those.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:26 PM   #23
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
I don't know if you are going to have to get new batts or not. But I just picked up a set at Advanced Auto. deep cycle golf cart batteries, brand new but were sitting on the shelf for 5 months so they can't sell as new anymore (corporate policy). So I got them for $42.50 each! Then I simply asked if there was anything more they can do and I got another 10% off!

Don't be fooled, these are not trojans, but for $250 for the entire pack they'll do what I need.... I might have lucked into that, but thought I'd mention it in case you need to get a new pack.
I saw this last night and decided to stop by my local Advance tonight. I remember they had some GC batteries that were always on the self. Turns out, they have 6 6v batteries, dates: one 4/13, four 11/13, and one 4/14. Going to talk to the manager tomorrow and see what they will do
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #24
Vaejovis Carolinanus
Not Yet Wild

Well, I found a little different deal but I think it is still pretty good. I talked to a golf cart manufacturer (local) and he has 5 batteries made in 10/14 and one 1/15. He will sell all 6 for $365 plus tax. One year warranty. They are Powertron P2000. Is that a good buy? Are they good quality?
Old 02-06-2015, 11:08 AM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My understanding is that the Powertron line is the black box Trojans.. If he gives you a 1 year warranty that is not bad
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #26
jfsegar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I've heard the same thing about Powertron.
jfsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #27
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

According to Cartsports.com (currently a site sponsor), Trojan makes powertron batteries for Safe Start. P-8000 = T-875 and P-2000 = T-105.

I'm going to assume this means equivalent in capacity. I don't know if they are equivalent in construction ( T2 technology and such )
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #28
Vaejovis Carolinanus
Not Yet Wild

OK, so on Friday I am going to pickup the batteries, should I test them, if so with a voltmeter or a specific gravity meter? Then when I get them home should I immediately charge them? How long? With golf cart charger or my 6/12 volt car charger?
Old 02-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #29
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If they are a "mixed batch", i would charge them individually 'till they are all at the same voltage, then charge them with the cart charger. The best balance charge you could give them would be link all the + terminals to your charger +, and link all the - terminals to your charger -. This would make a huge 6v battery, then charge that with your automotive charger.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #30
Vaejovis Carolinanus
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If they are a "mixed batch", i would charge them individually 'till they are all at the same voltage, then charge them with the cart charger. The best balance charge you could give them would be link all the + terminals to your charger +, and link all the - terminals to your charger -. This would make a huge 6v battery, then charge that with your automotive charger.
Really, I did not know you could do that. You are not pulling my leg here are you?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO