lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #1
goyo5667
Not Yet Wild

Angry MCOR Bad?

This is my first post and my first golf cart. I have a Club Car DS and 2010. When I push the pedal down, it clicks but will only move a little and then stop. It does this in both Rev/Forward. The batteries are brand new. My son can gently push the pedal and move the cart forward or reverse at slow speed. While moving, if you push the pedal too much, it just stops and you have to wait a few moments to get it going at the slow speed. This problem was only sporadic, but now has gotten worse to the point of all of the time now.
I have read a few post on bad MCOR, is this a problem part on DS model and is it an easy fix? How much is the part. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am a decent DIY but not great with electrical. Wires seem good and tight. Rev buzzer works fine

Last edited by goyo5667; 04-06-2015 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: adding more info
goyo5667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2015, 11:16 AM   #2
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: MCOR Bad?

Check the stickies . Could be speed sensor.
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It could be a bad solenoid or an oxidized MCOR track.

Do the easiest test first:
Turn the key off and press the accelerator all the way down about 20 times, that will "scrape" off MCOR resistance track.

If That does not improve, remove the pre-charge resistor from the solenoid and try to run the cart.

If it does not move at all, there is a good change the solenoid contacts are burnt and the only current the controller was getting was passing thru the resistor.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
goyo5667
Not Yet Wild

Pressing the pedal down 20 times did fix it. Now does this mean my problem is fixed or does this just pinpoint the problem to MCOR. I am scared that my son will stranded on his way to the neighborhood fishing hole. Should I clean something on the MCOR?
goyo5667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is a stickie about opening an MCOR:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-01-04-ds.html

There is a good possibility it will do it again if it is being caused by water intrusion into the MCOR.

It is hard to get to the resistance track to clean it unless you un-solder the board from the connectors.

If You look at the stickies it will make sense.

I would just use the cart and if it starts to happen again, You can do the pedal thing again and order a replacement one at that time.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #6
eaglesdad1
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just got done fixing mine, It was doing about the same as yours. Go then no go, jerky on take off.... I did the pedal trick and it worked for a while but came back so I ordered a new M-COR and it's like a new cart now
eaglesdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesdad1 View Post
I just got done fixing mine, It was doing about the same as yours. Go then no go, jerky on take off.... I did the pedal trick and it worked for a while but came back so I ordered a new M-COR and it's like a new cart now
Same story with my wifey's Precedent These things just don't last a long time.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:26 PM   #8
eaglesdad1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Same story with my wifey's Precedent These things just don't last a long time.
scottyb, I don't know why, We don't hop them up and drive them hard or anything like that !
eaglesdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyo5667 View Post
Pressing the pedal down 20 times did fix it. Now does this mean my problem is fixed or does this just pinpoint the problem to MCOR. I am scared that my son will stranded on his way to the neighborhood fishing hole. Should I clean something on the MCOR?
You'll have to replace the MCOR with the MCOR to MCOR4 conversion kit. The MCOR you have on it now is no longer available. Once you do this, you should be good to go. It's not hard to install. Part number AM293101
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesdad1 View Post
scottyb, I don't know why, We don't hop them up and drive them hard or anything like that !
Our wives or our carts!?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, mcor, troubleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car