lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #11
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 8 Seat Custom Cart

If you really like your existing cart but want to hang another seat, I'm guessing it would be a rear facing right? So that would increase weight and thus wear out the bearings quicker. I'm not familiar enough with either one to say you won't have the same issue over time, clubs can make noise back there also. Think about it, your going much faster than stock, lots of weight, that is going be hard on the rear end.
So If this is the case I would put money in a custom rear end, a real heavy duty tube with better bearings, pressed in racers, more like an off road or heavy duty vehicle. You would probably have to go to a 4x4 shop than can build it for you and adapt it to the electric motor housing etc. it will be a lot of work. The only problem is you will loose speed adding more weigh, you need more stopping power also. I saw on that other thread you replied to someone has two motors, I have to think, that is the route to go to accomplish all you want. So it would be custom, IMO the exterior other than being a club cart and new body isn't going to satisfy your needs. So you need a good fab guy to either build you a HD rear and/or even go as far as rebuild your chassis, tandem maybe and I'd go 72 volts also, do it right and be done with it. Save the money on buying a new cart and build the existing one it will be expensive but I would guess cheaper in the long run and it will last.

My 2 cents
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #12
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Great idea. I never thought about having a custom rear end built for it. Hmmmm. I think I will start looking around, making some phone calls and look into that option.

As far as motors,... With the AC Drive system it has more then enough power and speed. I think it will be fine with the extra seats and passengers. Our run time is fine too. Thanks for the idea. I really apreciate it.
rhinomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #13
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

np, keep us posted!
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car