lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2017, 11:02 PM   #11
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Extreme Duty Drive Belt?

My 99 ohv feels stronger than my old flat head
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2017, 09:09 PM   #12
Paul Dobbin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Update Report on Extreme Duty Drive Belt?

It's now about 8 months with the new belt and i'm not to happy.
It slips an smells like burned rubber when stressed.
It's a great utility cart, but not strong enough.
Anybody have futher suggestions?
I'd like to be able to plow my long driveway this winter (4-6" of dry snow)
Paul Dobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:20 AM   #13
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Did you actually purchase this extreme belt from Cart Parts Plus?
I asked this question because my golf cart moves around 3 trailers the heaviest trailer being my cargo trailer. If the cargo trailer is fully loaded, the motor bogs before the belt slips.
Also my severe duty belt sees mud sand and saltwater. I am as abusive as they come when it comes to golf carts. I have tried many belts, and Car Parts Plus severe-duty belt, has been the only belt that could last over a year, I can get 2 to 3 years with extreme abuse on the Belt before I need to change it.
Maybe the belt you received might have been defective, either way it should have lasted longer than 8 months you won't find a better belt period.....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #14
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

It's possible that the motor mount could be misadjusted. Perhaps the motor is too close to the transaxle, causing the belt to not have enough tension to operate properly.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:29 PM   #15
Paul Dobbin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, it came from Carts Plus. Moving engine is an idea, but any farther away and I'd never be able to change the belt again. It slips towing and plowing snow. I'm now considering a stronger cart. Any Suggestions on that?
Paul Dobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:37 PM   #16
unknwn
Getting Wild

To ensure optimal operation of newly installed belts, the CVT sheaves must be cleaned of all old belt residue, glazing, and oils. Cleaning can be accomplished by carefully scuffing belt contaminates off the sheave/belt contact area with a mild abrasive such as 220-400grit sandpaper, Scotch Brite Pad, or Steel Wool. Follow up by cleaning the surfaces thoroughly with soapy water and or brake cleaner until all impurities have been removed. Cleaning the sheave surface until all contaminates have been removed is vital to future belt and CVT operation. If any particles remain, belt slip and a noticeable drop in vehicle performance can occur. If a belt is to be removed and reinstalled during future maintenance, it is highly recommended that the belt is reinstalled in the same direction as before to match belt wear profile to contact with the corresponding sheave profile.

Dirty Sheaves should be cleaned with a mild abrasive to remove rubber and other wear contaminates as shown above by dirty Sheave. Dark wear patterns must be removed from the surface then cleaned off with an alcohol agent or brake cleaner to remove fine particulates

New CVT drive belts require a break-in period of at least 20 miles to maximize belt life and performance. Two complete heat cycles must be performed during the break-in process. A heat cycle is defined as bringing the belt up to normal operating temperature (typically 15 minutes of use), followed by a shutdown of the engine and complete cool down of the belt. In addition, proper belt contact over the entire sheave/belt contact path is optimized by conservatively running through the entire shift range. Following these guidelines eliminates belt slippage and drastically increases the belt’s lifespan.

Follow these guidelines to accomplish proper Belt-Break in:

Vary vehicle speed and engine RPM to shift belt through normal operational range.
Do not exceed 3⁄4 throttle within the rst 20 miles of installation.
Perform two complete heat cycles as described above.

During break-in period, the following activities should be avoided:

Aggressive Acceleration or ‘Jerky’ throttle movements at low speeds.
Holding engine/vehicle speed constant for extended time periods.
Pulling Heavy Loads.
Long run times without complete CVT/belt cool down.By following the break-in process carefully, the belt surface will wear in to match the individual CVT sheaves to maximize grip performance and dramatically reduce heat, glazing, and future wear.

http://www.mechanexpert.com/g-force-...ip-from-gates/
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car