lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
uponone
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 Club Car Ds FE290

Hello,

I have an 03 Ds with the Fe 290 and it is having some run problems. This is not my cart, it is my neighbors. He did just have the cart in for service and the service center installed a new coil and a new clutch.

So here is the problem, when you go to start the cart most of the time it feels like you have to get the accel pedal just right before it will start. I have an inline spark tester installed, and the engine always turns over when you hit the pedal but the spark doesnt really start to give good spark until you get the pedal position just right. At that point you can push the pedal to the floor and the engine will take right off. If you put the pedal right to the floor from a dead stop and I am watching the spark tester, it almost seems like it is missing every other revolution.

Is there anything I should look for? Maybe the coil was not adjusted to the flywheel just right? Maybe a bad coil? When I take the cover off where the solenoid is, I can watch the two micro switches and hit the pedal just right to get in the sweet spot and it will take off.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
uponone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2017, 03:12 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 03 Club Car Ds FE290

Without more testing it's hard to say for sure, but you might want to check on the bottom one of the two micro switches in that control box. It controls the grounding of the spark - to shut down the engine when the gas pedal is released. You could even just replace it - they only run a couple bucks.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
uponone
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 03 Club Car Ds FE290

Adjusted valves...good to go.

Closed
uponone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car