lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #1
shortydewop
Not Yet Wild

Post '08 Gas Club Car FE250 No Start/Blowing Fuses

Hey everybody, I've got a puzzler. I have a 2008 club car FE250 that does nothing when the gas peddle is depressed. When the peddle is depressed, it will blow the 10A fuse in the fuse/solenoid box.

I started doing all the basic checks, new fuse in, pop. Start chasing wires (with no diagram mind you). I put a new fuse in, key it on and check to make sure power is going to the key switch, coming from etc etc. I checked all the wires from all four microswitches to each other and the wires running from the key switch to the microswitches, continuity checks good and when I check to ground, all pass that test.

I found that the forward/reverse microswitch as well as the accelerator/starter swtich, both sounded like salt shakers, so I replaced those thinking that they were grounding out inside and blowing fuses. Well it is still popping fuses. If I remove the forward/reverse microswitch and press the gas pedal, it WILL NOT blow the fuse.

I can jump the solenoid by the big terminals and get it to run at idle. I checked for continuity between the small posts and they are good, but I didn't check the big terminals while I had power to it.

I'm just not sure WHAT is causing the fuses to blow and the cart to do absolutely nothing. Could it be the starter/gen, GCOR or something farther "down the line"??

Thanks for the help.
shortydewop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2017, 01:54 PM   #2
shortydewop
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '08 Gas Club Car FE250 No Start/Blowing Fuses

shortydewop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
motomind
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '08 Gas Club Car FE250 No Start/Blowing Fuses

Did you figure out what is causing the problem?
I am having the same issues...
motomind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blowing fuses, microswitch, no start no turn over, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car