lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New Project 98 txt series

so I got this cart from a friend I going to do a total rebuild. It's a 98 txt series needs a lot of work. so got around to taking it down to the frame today Now I need to start ordering some stuff. I think I am going to go 64volt 8 8volts under the seat relocate controller and forward and reverse switch above the motor. looking For about 23 to 25 mph I'm calling PQ and D&D tomorrow and see what they say.
Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8093.jpg (339.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8092.jpg (310.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8100.jpg (443.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8097.jpg (261.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8095.jpg (329.0 KB, 0 views)
harriswallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2017, 08:07 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Project 98 txt series

Whoa man! Your starting with a "pile"! I think that's sorta cool. Looking forward to the resurrection! I think a sandblaster or shop that does it should be on your short list. Keep posting!
dundeebarnbuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:32 PM   #3
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Man, I thought mine was bad. HW, I am doing the same thing with a 99, but mine was at least operational when I started.

I can tell you that had I known when I started what I know now, I might have gone ahead and spent $100-$200 on an abrasive blaster setup. Sending smaller stuff off is expensive, and cleaning/stripping by hand has been a huge expense in time for me. I did find a guy who blasted and coated my frame with a tar/epoxy marine compound for $150, and that was the best money I have spent.

Good luck!
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:34 PM   #4
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I pressure washed it looks like the frame is solid but i found I hate wire wheeling i am going to get some prices on powder coating tomorrow. I ordered a long travel kit and heavy duty rear springs. I am also looking at the altrax sr72500 and sw202 reversing contact. I also was thing about 4 wheel disc brakes full hydraulic kind of expensive though. still a lot of planing any thoughts on the titan body
Old 03-27-2017, 06:11 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Harriswallace.....I have to ask....what are you planning to do with your cart? as far as its "duty". Why I ask is because you are going up to 64V.....and only looking to get 23 - 25 mph. My series cart, although its primarily street driven....and its only 36v runs 25 mph all day long.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:17 AM   #6
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Harriswallace.....I have to ask....what are you planning to do with your cart? as far as its "duty". Why I ask is because you are going up to 64V.....and only looking to get 23 - 25 mph. My series cart, although its primarily street driven....and its only 36v runs 25 mph all day long.
I am going to mostly ride off road hilly terrain also I am adding a rear seat and 23inch tires. I am a big guy about 290lb 6'4 my wife is over 200lb 6' and my son is almost 100lbs. I just helped my neighbor do a 48volt conversion 2000 txt series with a axe 4855 and d&d 10-2 motor 22inch tires and he went from 14mph to 18mph and he can climb any thing on the property now. I mainly want to beat him because he is doing a lot of trash talking since I got this cart. I was originally thinking 48 volts and d&d es-52 type but now I didn't want to take any chances.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:27 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriswallace View Post
I am going to mostly ride off road hilly terrain also I am adding a rear seat and 23inch tires. I am a big guy about 290lb 6'4 my wife is over 200lb 6' and my son is almost 100lbs. I just helped my neighbor do a 48volt conversion 2000 txt series with a axe 4855 and d&d 10-2 motor 22inch tires and he went from 14mph to 18mph and he can climb any thing on the property now. I mainly want to beat him because he is doing a lot of trash talking since I got this cart. I was originally thinking 48 volts and d&d es-52 type but now I didn't want to take any chances.
Now I can see why....your mainly off-road and the terrain....you will need more TORGUE than speed. so with a 64v set up that will go that fast....it certainly will had TONS of torque! lol
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:00 PM   #8
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This morning I brought the frame to get blasted and powder coated I should get it back tomorrow. I called D&D and talked to Vince about a motor he said he would not go 64volts he said that stealth tried it and their out of business. He said to go with 48volts and 4-1 motor.I was really looking forward to 64volts. I am going to call plum quick tomorrow
Old 03-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #9
cruisinkruty
Gone Wild
Club Car

worthy project,keep us posted
cruisinkruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:54 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you wanna go BIG ~ go lithuim the weight savings will double the performance and you will leave your buddies wet cell in the dust off the line, up the hill, & down the road But don't tell Momma what you paid, she will skin you alive
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO