lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
tmaster2166
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 CC Precedent wont start

I have an 07 Precedent gas FE350 that will not start. I have done continuity tests on the GCOR, solenoid, micro switches on the F/R switch,the key switch, I have even changed the solenoid (even tried one out of a car that I know works) the S/G and the voltage regulator, and checked the grounds.
I can jump the solenoid across the posts and get the cart running but once i let it shut down it blows the 10 amp fuse. if i try to start it without jumping the solenoid the fuse blows when i push the acc. pedal, and there is no click out of the solenoid.
Not sure what direction to go from here, any help would be greatly appreciated.
tmaster2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 07 CC Precedent wont start

Most shorts like that are in the starter.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
tmaster2166
Not Yet Wild

That is what I originally thought so that is why I put a brand new one on I also did continuity tests on the old S/G and it did not show any shorts. So I just changed it out with a new one as I had one laying around to eliminate any possibility that it was the problem.

I don't know if this helps but when I take the small wires off the solenoid and check it i get a good reading of 15.5 ohms and when the wires are hooked up I get a reading of .9.
tmaster2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

you need to track down the short.
See if extra stuff has been added to the system- first place to look is crappy install of aftermarket lights, fans, etc.
Its blowing the main cart fuse, so that should be somewhat easy to find because its a major short.
Get the system to the point where it doesn't blow the fuse. So disconnect all the starter wires, disconnect any extra lighting that may be hooked to the battery...etc
Then start to reconnect stuff. Connect factory stuff first...any factory wiring, any added stuff, leave off..
When the fuse blows, it should be the last thing you hooked up.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car