lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
Greenfrog
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default solenoid question

90 club car ds... trying to trace why it does not start. starter good, micro switch bypassed.. solenoid clicks.... i bought a new solenoid from amazon and put it in but still does not work. now i read the $10.00 one has bad reviews so i got the $20.00 one.. i also saw on some places they have a $40.00 one.. whats going on with all the different prices? and.... and my main question, it you tutch the two large terminals if nothing happens is that i indicator its bad? my original one nothing happened and now the $20.00 one nothing happened...
Greenfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: solenoid question

The solenoid is bad when you connect the two large solenoid terminals together (with a screwdriver or otherwise) and it starts. If you're connecting the two large terminals together and it's not starting (no change), then the problem is likely not a defect with your solenoid (unless it's the wrong one and is too weak).

When you place a screwdriver across the two large terminals you are feeding 12V+ to your starter/generator. Make sure you have enough voltage there, and if so, you'll need to check your grounds.

Here's your wiring diagram:
Springbok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
Greenfrog
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i connect the positive on the battery to the starter and it starts... if then i connect the two large terminals on the solenoid should it not be the same? im assuming that bypasses the solenoid... i going to go threw the picture you sent and check it all.. this is getting frustrating
Greenfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:33 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Yep, as I understand it, crossing the two big terminals on the solenoid should have the same effect as running the positive battery cable right to F2 on the starter/generator. Have you checked your main wires for continuity? Maybe there's a separation in there?
Springbok is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car