lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #11
MoparDrew
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car DS clutch problem? Seeking help from experts.

Thank you for the four cents

And sounds like the sd belt is worth it, and I will check the clutches and all once I get the body off for paint so I have more access and am going to remove the body anyways. Thanks again, and yes I am hoping to gain some speed back I would be happy with 22,23 mph on flat ground.

I don't think the motor has enough oomph for much more haha
MoparDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2017, 05:22 PM   #12
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Now for the next question, is the severe duty belt worth it??
Any real world reviews with big tires??

You ask for real world reviews, I have big tires 25 inches tall 12 inches wide those are pretty big tires for a golf cart, you ask about the severe duty belt is it worth it?
Is the golf cart garage kept and only taken out on sunny days? Or do you ride the golf cart in any weather conditions? Will the golf cart only be driven on the Road? Or will this golf cart be taken on Trails, cross creeks, driven in the rain?
The belt actually works two ways, for the non-driver the belt will last a very long time probably the last belt you will put on it. Then there's the people that have to have that belt because they never know where they're going to be or what conditions they might find themselves in. Reliability is priceless, longevity priceless, Peace of Mind priceless,

I am the only man ever on the face of this planet to ever smoke a severe duty belt but I did, but I was also being stupid trying to pull somebody that was stuck really bad,I pulled them out but t
paid a heavy heavy price..
More of a hard life story for my golf cart...
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:22 PM   #13
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

A little over kill with a belt wouldn't hurt. No big deal. Try the belt, if the clutch doesn't fully engage, you know youll need a clutch
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:25 PM   #14
MoparDrew
Not Yet Wild

Why do you think my belt looks like it does?? Haha, believe me it gets used, and will continue to get used on my property full of creeks and hollers and Mississippi mud. Although, it probably will only have to last a couple of years until I do a quad engine swap. I found a Kawasaki 650 cheap that makes great v twin power that I am tempted to but right now my time is worth too much to get into that.

Side note: are your 12 wides mounted on a 7 inch rim? I have some 12 wide 27s I need some wheels for.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:26 PM   #15
MoparDrew
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
A little over kill with a belt wouldn't hurt. No big deal. Try the belt, if the clutch doesn't fully engage, you know youll need a clutch
10-4 that's my thoughts exactly, I don't want to drop a lot of money in this weak stock motor
Old 07-26-2017, 05:24 AM   #16
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

[QUOTE=my property full of creeks and hollers and Mississippi mud. Although, it probably will only have to last a couple of years

Side note: are your 12 wides mounted on a 7 inch rim? I have some 12 wide 27s I need some wheels for.

Dude!
This belt is a must for you between creeks and mud and fun trails, first time you cross a creek with this belt you will wonder how you lived without it!!!
Call up Bruce at Cart Parts Plus and ask him if they sell a lot of severe Duty belts?

On the side note about my tires, my tires are 25x12-10, I have tried 14 inch rims and 12 in rims I finally went to the 10 inch rim because of the ride comfort, they also tend to grip little bit better when you run low air pressure on the tires, 7 to 8 lbs of air pressure..
Old 07-26-2017, 08:51 PM   #17
MoparDrew
Not Yet Wild

I will holler at them when I get ready to order a belt, I just hope I don't get the belt and the clutches not work properly because I am not going to sink much money in this thing before I do a swap.

Btw your cart is bada$$, I enjoyed the videos and glad to see the high speed gears worked good for you and having to run it in reverse because I wasn't sure about a shaft to swap sides for the sprocket.

Also what width are your wheels? That's what I was referring to by 7 inch wheels. And heck yeah man all that sidewall and power does great for you I am sure!
Old 07-27-2017, 05:28 AM   #18
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Thanks for the compliment, many of people on this forum have helped me get this cart to where it's at,
Is the engine tired that is in the golf cart you have? Or are you just wanting to do a swap? I ran the wheels off of that 290 cc engine that was in my golf cart it lasted a long time I did drop 300 bucks into it because the 290 was in great shape I bought the belt and the clutch from cart Parts Plus for right around $300, and ran that 290 another couple of years
Old 07-14-2022, 12:45 PM   #19
99hawk409
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How much of the clutch surface should be used/shiny? Mine is working well as far as i can tell but there's probably almost .75" of unused surface. Stock size tires with high speed gears.
99hawk409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:20 PM   #20
Kevin37B
Getting Wild
Club Car

Good to see you Lockman !
Kevin37B is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car