lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Default Unhappy with my rearend

As I am putting the CC back together I keep finding things about the rear axle that annoy me.

1 With the Jake's kit they give you 1 U bolt to replace the stock 2 U bolt set up. It just doesn't seem right.
2 The rear is far to narrow. Right now I have 2" spacers on and the rear is still 5" narrower. I don't know about running 4" spacers. Choices on off-set with wheels seems nonexistent. Has anyone ever played around with different length axles and tubes?
3 Seems the 6:1 gears are just tall to run with 23" tires. For a test I threw the stock 18" tires back on. The cart came back to life with great low end and a hard steady pull up to 5000 rpm. Switched back to the 23" tires and the feeling of bogging down returned. Cart takes off decent up to around 3000 rpms then flattens out to a slow steady rise up to 4500 rpms. Definitely not going with a smaller tire (bigger if anything) a change to 8:1 gears is in my future.
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2017, 06:29 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Unhappy with my rearend

My Allsports kit also gave me one u-bolt (per side) to replace the stock 2-bolt setup. I wasn't to excited about that but the cart has gotten alot of use since 2013 and it hasn't been an issue.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

GTW (distributed by Nivel) make several 12" rims that are a 2:5 offset instead of the standard 3:4 (the "Stormtrooper" is the first to come to mind) - that's one way to add a couple of inches. As to running 4" spacers (2" on each side) I have been doing that for years on one of our "House" buggies with 2:5 offset rims and it's taken more abuse that I could believeably explain, LOL.

As to the 6:1 with a VC motor, that's more of a clutching issue, we've done a couple of VC's with 6:1 and 23" tires and never had any bogging issues, although on any cart we do speed gears on we also either spring the driven clutch (Yamaha) or swap to a 28deg (EZGO) - still haven't done a VC CC though - are You using the stock 1" drive setup or did You go with the HD driven clutch and belt that VC offers? The stock 1" clutching system on CC's in notoriously aenemic, that could be a huge part of the problem
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #4
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

I have both the new primary and secondary from VC
Old 08-23-2017, 11:39 AM   #5
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

I did find some good options in a 12" rim my problem is I like big rims. I did find some 16" rims that had the right bolt pattern but the offset was 5-3. Going the wrong way lol. Also considering a 4 lug to 5 lug adapter to expand the options.
I have placed an order twice and then cancelled it because I can't decide lol.
Now that I have the G2 to do next I will probably just pick something and if I don't like it for the CC I will use them on the G2.
Big difference between carts I just hobby build and the CC I am building for myself.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

We've used 4 to 5 adapters to put 18's on a street cart, worked out fine.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This thread title makes me go " Huh? what? I'm unhappy with my rearend", sounds like something my wife would say about her new jeans,
On a more serious note I think I ate too much cabbage, I'm really unhappy with My rearend - all the noise and bad smells has got the dog following me around.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:04 PM   #8
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Well when I look at her the backside looks a little narrow. I am wishing it was a bit thicker and more in proportion with the front
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car