lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
Rbur2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO RXV basic upgrade

I have a 2010 EZGO RXV looking to put 23 inch tires on it and a lift kit will I have any issues with a stock motor and controller not looking to increase the speed with the controller
Rbur2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2018, 08:24 PM   #2
2009 rxv
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO RXV basic upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbur2 View Post
I have a 2010 EZGO RXV looking to put 23 inch tires on it and a lift kit will I have any issues with a stock motor and controller not looking to increase the speed with the controller
I have 09 rxv and I got 20in tires on ss 12 inch black and alloyed.

Sent from my Z835 using Tapatalk
2009 rxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:41 PM   #3
Rbur2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Do you have any breaking problems or speed problems with your top speed with those tires you have your controller adjusted or anything
Old 04-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
23" tires with a Danaher controller might be a bit optimistic. The torque loss may cause you some drivability issues. It'll probably look good though.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:53 PM   #5
Rbur2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What type of controller would I have to upgrade to to do that set up thank you for the reply by the way
Old 04-10-2018, 11:42 PM   #6
2009 rxv
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Do you have any breaking problems or speed problems with your top speed with those tires you have your controller adjusted or anything
No It will lock the breaks up if I have to. No it's straight stock I do want to a upgrade for more torque so I can pull my mower trailer.

Sent from my Z835 using Tapatalk
2009 rxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:03 AM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
What type of controller would I have to upgrade to to do that set up thank you for the reply by the way
If you limit tire size a bit, the Danaher will handle it. It's just more current limited than the newer Curtis controller used in the 2012+ RXVs. The Curtis controller can be programmed to supply the full 235 Amps per phase that it is rated for. The Danaher is not able to do that.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:22 AM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009 rxv View Post
No It will lock the breaks up if I have to. No it's straight stock I do want to a upgrade for more torque so I can pull my mower trailer.
That's what I mean by lack of current causing lack of torque. Not power to stop, but power to go... Power to climb grades with passengers, or to pull loads. Your 20" tires are allowing it to work with your Danaher controller. If you had 23" tires, there would be a problem trying to drive those with your Danaher controller.

Please keep in mind, you do not want to lock up the brakes unless you need to in an emergency. Applying the brake pedal so far that it locks up the tires on an RXV is not normal regen (regenerative) braking, it is panic braking to an RXV controller. It WILL destroy the expensive motor brake (parking brake only) fairly quickly. Regen braking needs to be able to handle all every day stopping of the cart without locking up the electric parking brake while moving.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:34 AM   #9
messala69
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have a stock 09 with a 6" lift, and 23" tires. Drives well, pulls anything, and does not get stuck in the sand or mud on my farm.
messala69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:26 PM   #10
Rbur2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What controller do you have the Danaher or Curtis
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO