lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2018, 11:45 PM   #1
Jlile5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy Alltrax XCT 48400

36V EZGO DCS Cart

Thanks to the much needed help from guys on this site, I was able to get my Ezgo diagnosed and found out the controller was faulty. I could jump a negative to the solenoid and the kart would work.

I ordered a new Alltrax XCT48400.. They called me and verified it was for s DCS cart and 36v so they could program it correctly. I went ahead and upgraded the wiring to 4ga.

Unfortunately I got all done, turned on the key and hit the pedal only to hear the solenoid click but won’t go, doesn’t even try. I’ve checked, double checked, checked and double checked again that all my wiring is correct and it is. I get the low battery voltage code as soon as I turn the key on. Batteries are fully charged. I even charged them all individually because I had nothing better to do while I was waiting on the controller to get here.

Hoping someone can give me some advice on what to do now.
Jlile5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT 48400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlile5 View Post
36V EZGO DCS Cart

Thanks to the much needed help from guys on this site, I was able to get my Ezgo diagnosed and found out the controller was faulty. I could jump a negative to the solenoid and the kart would work.

I ordered a new Alltrax XCT48400.. They called me and verified it was for s DCS cart and 36v so they could program it correctly. I went ahead and upgraded the wiring to 4ga.

Unfortunately I got all done, turned on the key and hit the pedal only to hear the solenoid click but won’t go, doesn’t even try. I’ve checked, double checked, checked and double checked again that all my wiring is correct and it is. I get the low battery voltage code as soon as I turn the key on. Batteries are fully charged. I even charged them all individually because I had nothing better to do while I was waiting on the controller to get here.

Hoping someone can give me some advice on what to do now.
You will need to take a lap top and download the software from Alltrax, and check the low voltage setting on the controller. I had a customer last week had ordered the same controller I think he said from D and D on Amazon, and he got the same code. He brought it to me and I checked it and the low voltage setting was set to 38.2 and it was a 36 volt cart. Once I changed that it ran fine. Where did you get it from?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:20 PM   #3
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Posted in wrong place, oops.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check and see if the controller status LED light is lighting up at all or throwing any fault codes. See your owners manual for a list of BLINK codes.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:57 PM   #5
Jlile5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
You will need to take a lap top and download the software from Alltrax, and check the low voltage setting on the controller. I had a customer last week had ordered the same controller I think he said from D and D on Amazon, and he got the same code. He brought it to me and I checked it and the low voltage setting was set to 38.2 and it was a 36 volt cart. Once I changed that it ran fine. Where did you get it from?

That’s pretty funny.. I also bought this off amazon (before I knew to get stuff from guys on here).
But this also came from D&D motors. I told them I wanted a direct plug and play controller. I did not want to have to program it.. well now I’m sitting here with my laptop about to plug it in and check the settings
Old 04-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlile5 View Post
That’s pretty funny.. I also bought this off amazon (before I knew to get stuff from guys on here).
But this also came from D&D motors. I told them I wanted a direct plug and play controller. I did not want to have to program it.. well now I’m sitting here with my laptop about to plug it in and check the settings
Let me know what you find. This guy thought it was close to be plug and play also. He couldn't figure it out, so he brought it to me. This was just last week. I thought your story sounded similar.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:57 PM   #7
Jlile5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Let me know what you find. This guy thought it was close to be plug and play also. He couldn't figure it out, so he brought it to me. This was just last week. I thought your story sounded similar.

Same story! Low voltage was set to 38. I even called them today and told them about the low voltage code. They weren’t any help. Just gave me the number to Alltrax tech line. I changed the low voltage from 38 to 28 and all is fine now. Now just got to play with the settings. The throttle is pretty much all or nothing!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:01 AM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check and make sure it is set to ITS, which it should be because it's a DCS controller, but who knows?

Old 04-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A batch of 36v cart controllers came through with LV cut off pre-set to 38v. Alltrax denied it. But I am seeing too many from different dealers to believe otherwise. 38v cut off is the default setting for 48v carts like CC IQ or TXT48 or YDRE controls. 28 is the setting for 36v carts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:06 PM   #10
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
A batch of 36v cart controllers came through with LV cut off pre-set to 38v. Alltrax denied it. But I am seeing too many from different dealers to believe otherwise. 38v cut off is the default setting for 48v carts like CC IQ or TXT48 or YDRE controls. 28 is the setting for 36v carts.
I can vouch for one that was a DCS control.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO