lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #11
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Removing front bolt from leaf springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmanac View Post
I had the same problem when I replaced the bushings on my leaf springs. I had to cut the bolts on mine but found that cutting the bolt on the inside of the bracket next to the old bushings would let the spring just slide out and then used a punch to tap the ends of the bolts out.
I do the same thing, cut in between the spring and bracket on both sides and go ahead and remove the spring. Then you can take a wrench or ratchet to the little bit of bolt on each side and turn it a few times and they usually fall right out. Usually the main problem is the sleeve is seized to the bolt and won't let the bolt slide out.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #12
BigOL3
Gone Wild

UPDATE ...... Started the drivers side this afternoon and trying the 'spinning fast trick'. Problem was, the impact would not spin it ....... would NOT budge! I went ahead and cut the head off and started 'pulling' it out, putting washers behind the nut. Got it out about 1/8th inch then the thread stripped in the nut and bolt!!! Going to the parts story and buy a die and HOPE the threads will hold. Oh yeah, it has been 'Kroiled'. Seems like everything I try that others breeze through, I ALWAYS get caught by Murphy's Law....... if it can go wrong, it WILL!
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Hammer time man! Spray it with some penetrating oil and knock it back into the sleeve as far as it will go. Knock it back and forth a few times and then you should be able to tap it out with a punch or the end of another bolt.

When you put it back together paint the new bolts good with anti-seize.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:10 PM   #14
BigOL3
Gone Wild

LOL ...... I am thinking if the impact will not turn it, the hammer is not gonna do it. Anyway, I spent $6 on the die, redid the threads and on the 3rd 'in and out' it stripped again. Broke the Metabo back out and cut through between the spring and the mounting plates. Leaf spring is out but the end of the bolt was still in the mounting plates. Thread end came out pretty good, but not the other end. I finally found a long enough punch to get the head of it out past the frame of cart where I could get a good swing with the 4# hammer. Beat, beat, beat, good news it finally came out. BAD news is it bent the crap out of the mounting plate, and cracked the weld! Now I have to figure out how to straighten it and reweld it. There is no way to beat it back straight with hammer, due to not enough room to swing it under the cart. Hope to find a porta power. It is obvious to ME this stuck bolt was NOT the run of the mill stuck bolt!
Old 01-18-2019, 06:31 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Darn Pal - Some days you are the Windshield and some days you are the Bug.....

In regards to repairing, I have been there before. Get a Rosebud out and slowly heat it till it is very pliable. You can close down a deep jawed crescent wrench to slide over the bracket mount and easily work it back over. You will be able to get it back, and then MIG weld it after it cools.

PS- Aluminum will not require too much heat till it becomes pliable. Take your time and you will have no problem.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:33 PM   #16
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Will something like this get hot enough you think Nole?

https://www.amazon.com/BernzOmatic-B...c-9815e717232c
Old 01-18-2019, 07:48 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOL3 View Post
Will something like this get hot enough you think Nole?
It will take a little while, but it will get you there. If you have to buy a small bottle, get MAPP gas (or MAP-Pro) as it burns hotter then propane.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:31 PM   #18
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Got one already. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #19
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

When you break that part off you can bolt a peice of angle to the crossmember to hold that side. I just don't foresee that being welded.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:43 PM   #20
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Air Tools.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car