lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2021, 08:04 AM   #1
megawisdumb
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger / battery mismatch???

I acquired a new to me 2008 G29 this week and the charger is tossing an E03 error after @5 hours of charging. The charger is a SPE CBHF2-PFC. The four trojan batteries were below the plates and I go them level w/ D water and let it go overnight with the charge. Today, I have E03 error which appears to be a timeout. The batteries are all at 12.4 or 12.3 and overall shows 49.6. On the side of the charger it has a sticker that says output=36 volts and IU/Uo Wet 170-210ah CS. Do I have a 36V charger on a 48V system? The SPE manual I found online has dip settings on different volts from 8 to 48v but when I opened it I dont see any dips. It has a manf date of 09/2019. Welcome any advice, 1st cart. Trying to get her ready for farm use. Wife likes it much better than the tractors!
megawisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2021, 01:10 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger / battery mismatch???

Wrong charger (you'll need a 48v), batteries pretty low, 12.3-12.4v = ~ 70% soc.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:12 AM   #3
megawisdumb
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Charger / battery mismatch???

Well the charge last night seem to go well without the E03 error. I did notice the display placed a 48V on the screen before it started the charging cycle. Maybe it was related to the low water and needed a day to adjust. I agree on battery level, hope to get a few more months out of them before moving to some AGM.
megawisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha