lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
ES2013
Not Yet Wild

Default 84 Marathon Rebuild

Hi all,

I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I've recently brought out my 84 Marathon out from the garage and I thought I would go ahead and seek some information and came across this website.
I had to put my lil 2-stroke in the back of my garage after my friends had flipped her and did quite a bit of damage but I've seen a guy driving down the road in a lifted cart with a huge grin on his face and it inspired me to get her back up and running again. If I can find my camera charger, I'll take some pictures of my progress as I get her back up and runnin' again.
In the meantime, here's pictures of the damage:

And my dog is happy that I'm bringing her back to life

Yes, that's my car in the background.

For those of you who are interested, I'm 20 years old (21 on the first of August) and I go to Kettering University in Flint, MI. I am a Mechanical Engineering student and I work at MTD Products Inc. (co-op position) as a rotation for my school. I love wrenching on things and I do a lot of work on automobiles so this little guy will be a whole new experience

Thanks for reading!

Erick
ES2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
ES2013
Not Yet Wild

Default re: 84 Marathon Rebuild

Also, I wasn't sure if I should post it here or in the intros section because I am going to turn this into my build thread...

So sorry for the title; can someone name this to "84 Marathon Rebuild"?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Good Luck dude!! Looks like you've got a big job but sounds like you have the right attitude so go for it. There are lots of people here that can help so don't be afraid to ask!!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
ES2013
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
Good Luck dude!! Looks like you've got a big job but sounds like you have the right attitude so go for it. There are lots of people here that can help so don't be afraid to ask!!
Hey thanks I'm looking forward to it. I've done a lot of fabrication work and a lot of mechanical work so I believe I have what it takes to get the job done :)
Old 07-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: 84 Marathon Rebuild

Title fixed! Looking forward to watching the progress.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #6
ES2013
Not Yet Wild

So I haven't been able to get out and work on the cart lately but I have a few questons:
Being from 1984, I imagine it'll be hard to find some parts. Can anyone tell me a good parts source for which I can buy some replacements for this thing? I'm sure I can fab up a few things but I need to replace some steering components and maybe suspension components. I feel like golf carts involve a lot more fabrication than cars haha; with cars, you just unbolt something, and replace it with something new(er) :)
Also, this is the first time ever attempting body work and paint. I have always wanted to do this on cars but I have never had anyone to teach me so just for some insight, how hard would it be to get the body in the above pictures looking good again? I imagine the paint wouldn't be too hard as long as I do some good prep work but the body panels are pretty mangled up front and I'm hoping to get it into good shape again. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for the support guys :) balancing school and work and this little project won't be easy but I'll get there sooner or later!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
bauschracing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Got a lot of help from golf cart discounters in southern Fl. Norm worked for EZGO for years and is great on the older carts. The internet has made it easy to look up part numbers and compare prices. I looked up the numbers then used ebay to find the best price. I ended up using golf cart discounters a lot just because of the support that I recieved from them.
Mike
bauschracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
jdinville3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome, take lots of pics and post often...lol

I have been in a rolling golfcart and let me tell yeah i'm glad i was NOT on your's when it rolled that hit hard!!!
jdinville3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
ES2013
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinville3 View Post
Welcome, take lots of pics and post often...lol

I have been in a rolling golfcart and let me tell yeah i'm glad i was NOT on your's when it rolled that hit hard!!!
Haha I wasn't in it either, my brother's buddies were driving down the road in it and took a corner a little too hard; the driver had to go get stitches and the passenger just got a little bit of road rash but thankfully that's all that happened. I've done my share of rolling a cart but it was in grass and I wasn't going too fast; I was able to jump off and get out of the way.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #10
ES2013
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauschracing View Post
Got a lot of help from golf cart discounters in southern Fl. Norm worked for EZGO for years and is great on the older carts. The internet has made it easy to look up part numbers and compare prices. I looked up the numbers then used ebay to find the best price. I ended up using golf cart discounters a lot just because of the support that I recieved from them.
Mike
Good idea, I didn't think to look up part numbers
Thanks for the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO