lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
jlloyd
Getting Wild

Default ebay 5'' lift kit

hey guys, i just bought a lift kit for my 80's model jacobsen /"ez go" gas. the kit comes with round pipe blocks for to rear coil springs and shock extenders for the shcoks (flat bar stock) for the front it came with square tube blocks with flat plate welded on the ends, one end has a nut welded on it, the other end has about a 1/2'' hole drilled in it. it also came with c shaped shock extenders for the front shocks. it also came with 2 round pcs of pipe/spacers/bushings 1 15/16'' long 7/8'' O.D.... 5/8'' I.D zinc plated. everything else with the kit was powdercoated black except these spacers and the nuts/ bolts. does anyone know what these are for? and also what are the nuts welder on the square tube blocks for? i thought the spacers went between the shock brackets welded on the axle but they are too long for there and the paperwork/pics they sent me dont show them, has anyone here ever installed one of these kits?
jlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
Quinn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ebay 5'' lift kit

The square tubing with the plates welded on is for the front in between the spring and axle.
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
jlloyd
Getting Wild

yeah, i know where it goes but whats it have a nut welded on the end cap for? should'nt it be a flat surface to rest against the spring (if you put it up) or against the axel bracket (if you put it down)? my other question was i dont know what the small round pipes or spacers are for... it does not show them on the instalation paperwork, i gave the size for these spacers in my first post above, if anyone knows please tell me so i can get this thing installed tomorrow
Old 05-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
Quinn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thats where it fits into the centering pin in the leaf spring on top, and on the axle on the bottom. So it doesn't slide around on the leaf spring.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
jlloyd
Getting Wild

oh, ok thanks... so whats the 2 round peices of 7/8'' o.d. pipe or spacers for? they are 1 15/16'' long and 5/8'' i.d. looks like they were meant to be spacers for maybe where the 2 flat bars that extend the rear shock tie to the axel brackets but are too long for that.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
Quinn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As far as that other part could you take a picture of them?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #7
jlloyd
Getting Wild

i dont have a camera today but they are just sleeves made from 7/8'' pipe with an 1/8'' wall thickness makeing the i.d. 5/8''... they are cut 1-15/16 long
i emailed the guy i bought them from and he says ;well, you really dont have to use them,... i say; well, where do they go, maybe i do want to use them?
after all its part of the kit, they were meant to be used for something. he could'nt tell me what they were for either.....he didnt design the kit he just sells them i think
Old 05-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #8
Quinn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a lift kit for my 89 marathon, but it didn't have those. It had the bent flat iron for the front shocks, and the leaf spring spacers. Then 3" section of square tubing for the rear shocks, and of course the 4" spacers for the springs. Maybe the spacers you have are for an electric model, since they used leaf springs in the back and a double studed shock.

To be honest I was going to use the lift kit, but then I started thinking how bad an idea it is to use lifting blocks on the front of trucks. Well actually it is illegal to have them on a road vehicle. Basically your turning the front end into a fulcrum against the springs. I said screw it, air shocking it...
Old 05-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

There is nothing wrong with blocks for the front-springs,If they are installed correctly with the proper hardware.I just installed a 5" Block-Kit for a guy in his 89 Marathon yesterday(also an Ebay kit).As far as blocks being Illegal on the street,that is a myth.I work for a suspension-shop(They have been in buisiness 55yrs.),and I've been in the Heavy-Truck buisiness over 20yrs.There are so many trucks from the factory with blocks on the front-axle that it would blow your mind.Western Star loves them.The best way to install a front block on a vehichle(and safest)is to run a center-bolt thru it so its' bolted to the spring-pack,preventing movement and kick-out.For your cart just install as designed,tighten evenly,and recheck everything after a few hours of use to make sure everything is still tight,after some settling in.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

These images are provided compliments of site sponsor Everything Carts.

http://www.everythingcarts.com/

The reason we support site sponsors is because they provide this type of "after sale support". So, when your considering saving $5.00 (that you will probly pay in freight anyway) by buying from un-known company, consider the "after sale support" that you will not get should there be a question or a problem!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 68_3_.jpg (68.5 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 68_2_.jpg (69.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 68_1_.jpg (72.0 KB, 63 views)
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO