lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #21
jaydee
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ GO Auto Brake Lock Consumer complaint

We have had a similar problem for the last year. EZGO says we're not covered by warranty because we bought the 2008 RXV used. We've replaced solenoid twice, but still have problem. Did EZGO reps ever fix your problem? If so, what did they do?

Thanks
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #22
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

This is a problem with the earlier RXV's, due to pressure from Club Car and Yamaha, E-Z-GO rushed development of the RXV and the earlier models are riddled with problems. Even the fleet ones have the issue, look at this
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...oblem-iii.html
No matter what they do to try to fix it they have been consistently rubbish (E-Z-GO RXV's and Technicians) All the early cars have been plagued, and E-Z-GO probably doesn't want to pay to replace all the cars, so have therefore unsuccessfully been trying to repair them. Maybe they'll find the problem, but if you don't have one, stay away from the early electric RXV's.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #23
kantuckian
Gone Wild

if for some reason brakes lock up is there anyway to releace them manually so cart can be towed in to maint shop
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #24
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckian View Post
if for some reason brakes lock up is there anyway to releace them manually so cart can be towed in to maint shop
I think earlier in the thread it was stated just to turn the key off and on and the cart resumes normal function. Read on page one.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #25
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 2008 RXV and did not know about this problem. Thanks for the posts. I do have a converter for lights and it hasnt happened to me. Dont drive it much. Does anyone have a solution?
hmsnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #26
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know it is sensitive to battery pack voltage. When I was installing my relay switch for the lights, I could hear the controller click at times as I connected wires and I was only using the positive and neg from a single battery and did not have the lights on.

I have since installed a voltage converter and I have had no problems with the brakes and mine is a 2008.

I've only owned it since late October.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #27
Pacrimrat
Not Yet Wild

I bought my wife a 2008 RXV from a local dealer to use around her garden.

The auto brake locked up constantly so they replaced the brake unit. I don't know if they put in new or just a serviceable one.

It worked fine for about two months and now it's locked up twice on her.

Does anyone know if there's a real fix for this?
Pacrimrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #28
cartboy
Gone Wild

I'm surprised I missed this thread, and that those in this thread missed this thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...oblem-iii.html

The problem is, always has been, and still is, even on the 2012's, the auto-brake solenoid. They have not figured out how to prevent it from failing, so have devised a way to reconnect some wires when it does, as my thread points out.

I've heard speculation that the auttbrake configuration puts more stress on the solenoid that was ever anticipated.

It's pretty simple; don't buy one.

To repeat some of the things I covered, on the 2008 there is a brake release lever you can access by raising the seat and sticking your arm down through a very tight, and normally hot area, resulting in scrapes and burns. We had a precisely cut 2 x 4 we wedged in to do that, to get dead carts in off the course. Then, one day our E Z Go tech chewed our hinies out for doing that. He said we were suppose to use a "Tether Cord" and tow dead carts back in. The "Tether Cord" operated the dead cart, releasing the locked up brake, by connecting to the towing cart.

E Z Go did not provide the Tether Cord free; you had to buy them.

We basically said screw that, the 2 x 4 works just fine.

Then, the 2012s came out with the wiring dealie where you switch 1/2, 3/4 into 1/3, 2/4, or something like that. It's there under the seat on the passenger side. You flip off the black plastic cover and unplug and replug the connectors. You save the pop-pins to put the plastic cover back on, but wind up losing the pins.

Similarly, when I was a kid, I kept my go-cart together with stuff like baling wire. I don't remember duct tape being around yet.

Oh, now that I've read a few posts, I see that my thread was mentioned in post 22 here.

Boy, I can't wait to get back to them at my summer course. These Club Cars at my winter course have no problems and are no fun at all. We're doing 350-400 rounds a day and I haven't had to retrieve a cart on the course all winter.
- - - - - -
I originally came here looking for someone who had experienced the problems we were having, and found out I was the first to be reporting it. So, I chronicled my efforts, hoping to save others the same problems. But, based on this thread, two years later others were still encountering them, and E Z Go was still stonewalling them.

Their behavior has been very bad, especially in light that with the 2012 models they know they still have the problem.

Given that they don't appear to be informing customers, or prospective customers, about the problem, I would say a lawsuit would not be out of line.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #29
Gary Somerville
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksdanl View Post
I am considering filing a complaint with the consumer safety commission because of the auto brake system locking up on my 2008 rxv. The regional rep has replaced the solenoid and computer twice and the entire wiring harness. The cart will just lock up and practically throw you thru the windshield. On way to club house car nearly hit us from behind when brakes locked up and they had to swerve. EZGO seems to be clueless on this and it is indeed a safety hazard.

Have other cart owners experienced the same and to what degree? Yes all you need to do is turn key off and back on but if I have another cart or car parked on your chest that might be hard!! Thanks for your input. Dan & Nancy in Las Vegas.

I am having the same problem with my 2013, almost rear ended twice. It seams like the power just shuts off and breaks lock up. Gary
Gary Somerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:46 PM   #30
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Hi RXV tech here.

Brake problem is usually not a brake problem.

Bad batteries account for most cart "Lock Ups" i see.
Trojans seem to be the worst offenders,, google ezgo vs trojan.

I work for an independent cart seller.. The RXV's are by far the most popular cart we sell (over 95% of our sales) , we service many early RXV's and see NO systemic problems with them or their brake systems.

Yes we do replace a few brakes here and there, but once the problem that CAUSED the
brake failure is repaired, the brake should last for years.

Accessories to one battery---- no
Well water ---(RXV autobrake problem III)--- no
Well water w/autofill system-(RXV autobrake problem III)--- No NO NO NOOOOOO

Don't just replace brake-- find out if there is a problem.

RXV autobrake problem III should be renamed --- Battery problems.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
consumer recall, electrical problem, motor freeze, rxv auto brake lock, safety isues
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO