lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 1989 Run then don't run???

89 Ezgo 2 stroke will run for 3 seconds and then quit. Customer has replaced solenoid, coil, and I put an ignitor on it finally got it to spark. Cleaned carb and still will only run 3-10 seconds. Just when it takes off good it just quits. Let it sit for 10 seconds and it fires up again? I will say that July has not started off no better than June ended!!

When I tested on lift with no belt on it, it ran longer than any other time, could it be clutch related ?
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 Run then don't run???

If it had spark, it's either compression or fuel.

When on the lift, spray WD40 on the crank seals - if it runs longer, then it's a case of crank seals affecting fuel supply.

Any smoking? Could also be too much back pressure from the muffler.

Could also try running it in reverse. If it runs longer, this could also be a sign of worn crank seals.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well it does run better in reverse I noticed. Looks to be getting plenty of fuel, I think I will check the pulse line tomorrow and double check all grounds.
When it came in it would not spark at all, and I noticed that someone had installed battery in backwards and YES had it hooked up backwards. Now its like the motor wont turn over unless you charge the battery for a couple of hours. I put load test on batt and it says BAD, so I hooked up another battery in front floor board and jumped wires to batt in cart and still would not turn over very well and its a new good batt??
Old 07-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
amcjeep
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Double check the grounds from the battery to the frame and engine.
amcjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Finally ! ! Found out that the coil the customer installed would fire and then quit. Installed old coil back on and runs great. I'm thinking when he installed the battery in backwards it may have fried the ignitor and started this whole problem?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO