lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
howiet63
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default need more speed

i need help. where do i go to get more speed out of my 2006 ez go gas cart. would love to pull a wheelie or 2 also. dont know to much about carts yet. thanks
howiet63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: need more speed

To get into "Wheelie" territory, you're looking at a big-block conversion - head on over to that thread and you should quickly learn what you need (including several thousand dollars to put into the cart)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
howiet63
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the info brew man. maybe i should just go for the speed. i stay on the campground and maybe some speed would suffice.. any help would e appreciated
howiet63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

There are many tricks to squeeze more out of those 4 strokes, swapping heads, exhaust kits/mods, rebuilding clutches, changing rear end gearing ... Unfortunately, those are answers better served by some of the more established 4-stroke junkies around here, I'm sure one or more of them will be along soon

for ideas though, there's a thread here in Ezgo Gas titled "How Fast is Your Cart" - there are several of the "modder" types involved in it so you may want to surf over and check it out
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
pnshvl68
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Check out some of my threads. Its not that difficult to get more hp to achieve more speed.
pnshvl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO