lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #21
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new guy looking at a couple ezgo carts

I'd say go for it then, (that's a nice lookin' cart) that's about what you will pay down here, I shopped all over the state and into MS, and that's about what you are looking at. With 08' trojan's, you should be good for a couple of years. You would have all you need to be out riding now, and you could add on the small stuff as you go. You will need some HD rear leaf springs and a stereo for sure. A couple of 185 Lb buddies and a cooler full of beer will kill the stock leaf springs in no time, with the weight of the seat kit and beer, you're talking 500 Lbs hanging out over the back wheels! Mine went south in only 2 weeks It's still driveable, just a good bit of sag in the back. I ordered my new HD's from Trademark for $75 shipped.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #22
TGJR
Gone Wild

jmaroon, I was in the same boat and decided to do the work myself for a couple of reasons... A) I can get exactly what I want when spending my money. B) I know it will be done right the first time. And finally C) By doing your own work you know the ins and outs of your cart for the future.

I settled on a 2004 with a rear seat for $1,150 off Craigslist. I could have gotten a 2007 sight unseen for $1500 + tax from a local dealer but I'd rather take the difference in price and put it towards something like new batteries. Also, being a hunting buggy I really wanted the performance to be the focal point over looks. That means the Bandit motor upgrade from Plum Quick, 48v conversion with new controller, HD solenoid, HD f/r switch and 2 gauge cables from ScottyB. Even HD springs, brush guard and some decent lights. By the time I'm done with all the upgrades and paint, I should be somewhere around the price that I would have spent on a fancy lifted cart from someone else except it will run circles around their cart and it will be exactly what I need.
TGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #23
jmaroon
Not Yet Wild

soo.. i bought it! it's pretty much rigged the way i want it and i got the guy to throw in a new windshield for free.. all i need for it at the moment is a gun rack number one! then later on down the road a radio.. i'll look into those hd springs thanks for the tip!
i really appreciate all the advice here guys.. if any of you la boys are interested in this deal, pm me and i can send you the guys info.. real stand up dude.. he's got a couple club cars, and 5 or 6 more ezgo's rigged out like this one..
jmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #24
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Check out sure grip gun racks - love mine
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO