lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default driver side rear brake hanging up

hey, been a ruff week computer broke monday, cell phone broke tuesday, golf cart only goes in reverse wed. , brakes locked up thursday so today is figure out whats up with the brakes day. i have not gotten the drum off yet but I do notice that the cable is in the released position so I don't think the cable is getting hung up, I think it must be something inside like a broken spring or something. I have never been in the brakes on a golf cart before and I hope i can get the drum off thats my next step now is to try and get the drum off. it seems i can almost move it with my hands so it's not too tight but im sure some four letter words are going to fly here inn a few min. I do want to ask if there is a known sticky with a diagram of the brakes and if there is a known problrm with them.
...edit...well its stuck. I did some searching and it seems most of the posts i saw had nothing to do with brakes and the ones that did had some holes in the face of the drums you could put bolts in and press off the drums..... I am not that lucky mine is stuck with no threaded holes. I am always open to suggestions
northwestfarmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: driver side rear brake hanging up

done and fixed. It was a super dirty and the boot in the backing plate where the cable and lever goes in was riped and clogged up real bad so the adjuster assembly was binding up and not allowing the brake to release. got it apart cleaned it up and all works now
Old 07-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Marsharo
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Good Job. Did you fix the "only in reverse" problem?
Marsharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsharo View Post
Good Job. Did you fix the "only in reverse" problem?
well kind of temporarily, now its only forward.. new HD f/r switch comming monday the old one is all burnt up. when the previous owner put the high torque motor and high amp controller in he only changed the battery wires to 4 ga. so I bought some wire soldered and shrink wraped the eyelets on and replaced them now once I get the HD F/R switch I think I will be just about up to date with everything. I do still need to do the king pin bushings on the right front steering knuckle maybe next week I will order that, than its on to getting the turnsignals and brake lights worrking, seatbelts and then the police need to inspect it and I can get it taged and street legal on roads under 30 mph. need to get a brake light switch turn signal switch and solenoid and the horn button and it's ready to ride.. thanks for checkin in
Old 07-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestfarmtn View Post
done and fixed. It was a super dirty and the boot in the backing plate where the cable and lever goes in was riped and clogged up real bad so the adjuster assembly was binding up and not allowing the brake to release. got it apart cleaned it up and all works now
Good job on the brakes keep us posted on the F/R switch
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO