lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default narrowed it down to three finalalist

I have been looking at carts now for a few weeks. I found an EZ-GO 2001 with tons of mods already done.
6" lift
big rims and tires
lots of diamond plate (Running boards, flip flop seat/cargo bed with tailgate)
Carbon fiber dash insert
CD player
Tinted windshield
Light kit
Batteries are 2010
could be more mods not listed
cart looks great, but rides kinda sloppy, brakes are weak, makes squeaky sounds when it rides
All mods have been on the cart since 2001 when it was purchased new.
Asking $2500

Also found an EZ-GO 2008
4" lift
slightly larger tires and rims
light kit
flip flop rear seat
windshield
2010 battereis
not painted still white
All the mods are new installed by dealer after he purchased 10 carts to build up for re-sale.
Asking $2650

Then I find carts that are stock, have been gone through and checked out. starting at $1900-$2200 I guess depending on shape they are in. usually 2008 models.

I am leaning towards the middle one since all the mods are new and it rides tighter then the first one. I am not sure how much I will be able to mods these myself, but maybe I can who knows?

At this point I am thinking a tow hitch and maybe a chip for more speed is all the middle one needs, to start anyway

What would you start with?
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
ekgguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: narrowed it down to three finalalist

I would go with the newer cart. You will have a lot less issues going with something that is relatively newer than something that someone has been tinkering on for 10 years. Both sets of batteries are relatively new, so that isnt an issue. Plus, you are starting with a whilte canvas and can do whatever you want to it.

Good Luck
ekgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
teamzero
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Either one a great deal. You could never buy a stock cart and do it that cheap. But 2nd one sounds great
teamzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys, I'll post pics when I get one.....hopefully sooner than later.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

on the $2500 2008, you mention putting in a chip for more speed, that only works if the cart is a PDS model that doesn't already have a speed chip installed. Other than that, I would agree that that particular one seems the better deal.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
on the $2500 2008, you mention putting in a chip for more speed, that only works if the cart is a PDS model that doesn't already have a speed chip installed. Other than that, I would agree that that particular one seems the better deal.
Thanks, still learning

I really want one like yours a LIMO, but it won't fit in my garage.........with all my other toys
Old 07-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I actually have 2 that are even longer at the shop... and they are for sale lmao....

That car in my Avatar is currently owned by the chief of police in a neighboring town and he uses it to go back and forth to work and make traffic stops. It cruises at about 35 MPH, but I still think it needs a longer top since the back seat is not under a roof.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO