lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
mtphill
Not Yet Wild

Default ez-10 Charger Schematics (MLT10036)

Does anyone have a schematic or control board information for an EZ-10 charger, model number MLT 10036? It's made by Japlar/Schauer in Cincinnati OH.

I'm specifically looking for the value (or color bar order if you can see it) for resistors R6, R9, R55, and R10. If you know the type for D5 that would be a plus as well, although I think I can probably use a basic diode there and get by. If anyone has a controller they want to sell, I could also go that was too, although I would rather just repair mine as it is working ok, it just can determine the charge level automatically.

Thanks,

Todd
mtphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ez-10 Charger Schematics (MLT10036)

Schauer is VERY tight lipped regarding their chargers and schematics... You may want to try calling them directly and ask for Ken Brewer. I'm not making any promises, but if anyone will give you information, he will.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
mtphill
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Schauer is VERY tight lipped regarding their chargers and schematics... You may want to try calling them directly and ask for Ken Brewer. I'm not making any promises, but if anyone will give you information, he will.
Thanks for the contact name. I called Ken and he was extremely nice and helpful. Unfortunately the details on that charger are kind of long gone given it was made by Schauer before the last buyout, and that design was not bought by the new company. (I think Ken would have been willing to help me if my charger was one he had info on)

I have managed to remove and measure many of the rough/broken components, and assuming they are not really messed up and reading improperly, I think I can replace most of them with new parts of the same value. I figure worst case it won't work or it will smoke the board and I'll end up looking for a used charger anyway. There's not much to lose when things are dead or dying right?

Thanks again for the info. Oh, while I'm typing, do you have any suggestions on what brand to look for if I end up needing a new/used 36volt charger? It would be nice to know which brand people like the most.

Todd
mtphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The best? Delta Q
Solid overall dependable? Schauer, Powerwise, Powerwise2, Lester
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO