lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
CactusPilot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Turn signal and brakes Issue

2000 EZGO TXT Gas

My cart already had the front lights and rear tail lights. Recently had a brake switch mounted to the brake pedal. I bought an aftemarket turn signal.[/quote]

Following the installation direction/diagram... I have a problem!

The blinkers stop blinking when I press the brakes. Everything else works normal. The bulb has two elements and the brakes share the same element as the blinker. Not sure how to fix this problem. Any Suggestions?

Last edited by TheNewGuy; 07-25-2011 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: link
CactusPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turn signal and brakes Issue

OK, this is going to sound really rude and I might get a slap on the wrist for it but....

If you bought the product from BU, why on earth aren't you contacting THEM regarding the problem?? Had you bought your upgrades from one of the site sponsors here, I am sure that they would be more than willing to assist you, instead you bought from another company and now want our advise on how to fix the issue.....

As I said in the other thread you have posted in, you apparently need more parts than what you bought, the link you have posted both in this thread and the other thread says :
Quote:
Requires adapters for EZGO TXT models (TSG EZ2 0001) with factory-installed light kits.
obviously, there is a critical piece in there that you need to make this work properly.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
CactusPilot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
OK, this is going to sound really rude and I might get a slap on the wrist for it but....

If you bought the product from BU, why on earth aren't you contacting THEM regarding the problem?? Had you bought your upgrades from one of the site sponsors here, I am sure that they would be more than willing to assist you, instead you bought from another company and now want our advise on how to fix the issue.....

As I said in the other thread you have posted in, you apparently need more parts than what you bought, the link you have posted both in this thread and the other thread says :

obviously, there is a critical piece in there that you need to make this work properly.......

UPDATE: Got it figured out. I rewired the whole cart from the diagram I found on this web site and now it works. I suspect I had the brake light switch incorrectly wired.

Thanks to all who responded.

PS. rabbitreborn, no worries. Problem is I didn't buy it for BU, got the same switch from ebay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flasherdiagram.jpg (34.8 KB, 11 views)
CactusPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sorry, I just have major issues with BU..... didn't mean to take it out on you.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO