lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
weed67
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 2004 PDS No Forward

I have a 2004 PDS which is stock. All was working fine for the last two years until this year. I could be using it on the course and then out of the blue when I stopped to make a shot, the cart would not go forward when I got back into the cart. I could put the direction selector switch in reverse and back up a couple of yards and then put it in forward and it would take off.

This condition progress worst as the summer went on. Sometimes I would end up backing up a hundred to a hundred fifty yards before it would go forward.

I replaced the micro switch in the accelerator box and thought I solved it but the condition came right back. So I ordered a solenoid for it and put that on. The cart has not went forward since. It clicks on reverse but not in forward.

All the battery cables are clean and tight. I have 38 volts on the battery pack. I did notice with the switch in tow position, when I put the cables back on the batteries, I had some sparking when the last cable touched the battery terminal.

I tried the code fault but it did not do anything. Anybody have a solution to my problem????
weed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 PDS No Forward

It might be your directional rocker switch.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
Tykee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok Scott, please do tell --- what the directional rocker switch is and where it is located. Is it the F/R switch on the dash of the PDS?
Tykee in TN
Tykee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, that is what he is referring to I would say.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Remove the switch plate and check with a DVM (voltmeter) that you are in fack getting the signal for forward and reverse consistently, if yes, then the vcontroller is at fault and must be replaced.
You may as well get an upgrade aftermarket controller, if needed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
Russ/TN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the F/R switch is O.K you might check the brushes in the motor.(there is a small plate that covers a window in the lower part of the motor to look through)
I had a similar situation about a year ago and that is what it turned out to be.
Good luck!
P.S. +1 for the controller upgrade.
Made a huge difference for me.
Russ/TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #7
weed67
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: 2004 PDS No Forward

I finally had time to drill out the two plastic rivits on the rocker swith panel. I picked up an on-off-on toggle switch from NAPA store and connected the red, green, and gray wires to it. I backed the cart and then went forward about 8 - 10 times without it failing. I would say the directional switch was the headache causing problem. Glad I didn't spring for a new controller.
weed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO