lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #11
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with E-Z-GO Purchase

Hi Riverliver and welcome to the forum. It would appear that there is some doubt as to the engine in that cart. I sure looks like a 1989 model which would give it a 3PG 2 stroke engine. Just because the advertiser says it is something does not necessarily make it so. What is not in doubt is the price is somewhat ambitious. However is you decide that your heart is set on it you can always lift the seat and count the spark plugs.

That said when I look at your wish list I cannot be help to think that there are better carts out there (google image EZGO Workhorse) which include an electric dump bed.

What ever you decide I wish you luck.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #12
RiverLiver
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Dave. I've written off the cart in my original post and think I now have a better grasp on how to value used carts.

I've seen a couple of Work Horses in my neck of the woods which look to be perfect for the labor aspect of my cart needs. Now I'm kind of thinking that it might be worth having one of those rear set mechanisms that fold down into "flat bed" cargo area; so that I can shuttle guests to and from the rivers edge yet still have a reasonable amount of utility space.

Here's a picture of my back yard. As you can see there is quite a hill between the house and the shore. I've got a trail carved out into the right side of the hill behind the trees that switches back to the left to land atop the hill behind the house. I haven't verified this yet but I believe I have enough room in my switch-back turn to accomodate the turning radius of a cart. It's a 30 degee climb up the right side, and about a 20 degree angle from the turn to the top of the hill.

How sturdy are those fold down rear seat contraptions? Would they be able to handle the weight of a plastic tub filled with rocks, dirt, or firewood?

RiverLiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #13
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Yes the flip seat is a useful device. I have driven one with two 300 pound adults on the back so I would guess it can stand up to much of what you will throw at it.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #14
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hello Ya'll, I m down here in Texas so I thought I would add some info. Price seems high maybe 1700-1900 if good shape but remember " ya cant put lipstick on a pig and make it look lots better" so it may need more work that ya think. I bought a 2003 Ez go workhorse 1200 350 robyns in late 2008 for $2300 and it was from dealer and was great shape, I use it for same reasons you said at our place on Lake O Pines here in East Texas. I have about the same hill to climb as U ( I did pour a concrete drive 5 ft wide and 60 ft long on my steepest hill cause when it rained it was to slipery). I got info from this very informative foreum and put a shorter belt on it to increase my torque and it did great I also adjusted the governor as advised and it increased top end speed BUT with shorter belt U do not want much more speed cause it will %@#* engine in RPMs.
Thats about all I have to add, Temps down here will get down to 45 tonight and maybe frost, I don't know how ya'll make it in that COLD climate, i gotta round up some fire wood.
410MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have a couple of work horses with the 350 motor and 22" all terrains. Once spun up they will climb most anything I have thrown at them, may have to rock it a little side to side but they go. May pick up a posi kit this winter :)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO