lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

Default Tips on keeping cart up in the winter...

I was curious of what tips you guys have for keeping your cart going in the winter. I know I will use mine some, so I know I won't be draining the fuel lines. I didn't know if you still need some type of fuel stabilizer as well though. Also, is there a minimal amount of times you are going to want to drive it around. Mine is a 81 2 cycle. Thanks for any help..
fingerpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tips on keeping cart up in the winter...

Mine goes into storage all winter. I like to use Seafoam and follow the directions on the can. It is of course important to run the engine to get the Seafoam into the carburetor. Up until now I have take the battery home and given it a trickle every month or so. This year however I think I might purchase a little battery tender and see how that works.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

Default Re: Tips on keeping cart up in the winter...

Thanks for the info Dave. I actually use Seafoam mixed in about every other tank, so hopefully I am good with that. I'll have to check on things with the battery. I am about to get a new one for it so it should be good on life. I just don't have an outside shelter for my cart so have been thinking about the elements and temperatures in the winter time. I live in NC along the east coast, so it's probably not as cold as some others. I just know that if we get snow, I'll want to ride my daughter around on the cart and I still like using it for some yard work.
fingerpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO