lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
champ5307
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Wiring lights.... stumped?

Johnnie thanks for the replys the way the system is stet up is each light has 2 wires a black one and white one I ground the black ones. Then there is 2 - 1 foot white wires in the kit I plug one end to the light and the other to the 4ft longe white wire with fuse one it, I do the same with the other light. this 4ft white wire with fuse goes directly to the switch( It just T's the two lights together ), then a ground goes to the switch, then the red power wire goes to the positive battery then the switch. is there a way I could pull off of 2 batteries with some sort of T since I only have 1 wire for power.
champ5307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ5307 View Post
Johnnie thanks for the replys the way the system is stet up is each light has 2 wires a black one and white one I ground the black ones. Then there is 2 - 1 foot white wires in the kit I plug one end to the light and the other to the 4ft longe white wire with fuse one it, I do the same with the other light. this 4ft white wire with fuse goes directly to the switch( It just T's the two lights together ), then a ground goes to the switch, then the red power wire goes to the positive battery then the switch. is there a way I could pull off of 2 batteries with some sort of T since I only have 1 wire for power.
What, exactly, do you mean by "Ground"?????

Hopefully you are not attaching the black wires (or any other color wire) to the metal body or frame. (Safety Hazard)

Unlike cars, carts use (or should use) a two wire system for lights, horn and accessories.

Connect the black wires from the lights to BL- at the rearmost battery on the passenger side.
If not long enough, tie together (electrically) with a third, heavier gauge wire long enough to reach BL- battery terminal.
Connect the white wires from both lights to one terminal on the switch.
Connect the other terminal on the switch to Positive terminal on the center battery of the rearmost row of batteries, via heavier gauge wire and an in-line fuse.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #13
champ5307
Not Yet Wild

Ok I will try that, I guess these fog lights are set up for 12V battery. I dont have any wire so I will be trying this project tomorrow, thanks.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ5307 View Post
Ok I will try that, I guess these fog lights are set up for 12V battery. I dont have any wire so I will be trying this project tomorrow, thanks.
Two 6V batteries in series is the same as a 12V battery.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #15
champ5307
Not Yet Wild

Your the man it worked, thanks for all your help!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #16
longhorngolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If you use the digram from above the bl+ and the bl- that will give you 36v.

use the +pos on #2 batt and -neg on #3 batt for 12v.
longhorngolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO