lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
razor1
Gone Wild

Default Need Help - To rewire or fix the current lighting

My 2000 DCS cart was prewired with an EZGO accessory wiring harness, 73043G01, but the previous owner mutilated the harness (removed the headlights, turn signal lever etc and cut the harness to remove them). I'm left with brake lights and switch, horn and switch and fuse panel. I'm looking at several non-OEM kits that have no turn signals or no brake lights or have everything but cost $250+.

So the question, do I buy exactly what I need (headlights and turn signal kit) and rebuild the harness or scrap everything and start over? Then if I scrap everything can I use the existing brake switch and horn?

Thanks as always.
razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need Help - To rewire or fix the current lighting

If it were mine, I'd probably rewire the headlights back to wherever the cut wires originated since they draw a few amps. For the lower amperage stuff like turn signals, I'd just extend the cut wires, using soldered connections rather than crimp on barrel connectors.

Any existing components should be reusable unless they have died from neglect or been killed by abuse.

I'm not sure if a 2000 TXT is wired the same, but there is an accessory wiring diagram for 2001 and later TXTs in the Service Manual in the Stickies. (Page N-2)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Need Help - To rewire or fix the current lighting

$250.00 for the lights and turn signals!!! Where did you get that price? Go to Wal Mart and buy a set of lights for $20.00! They come with wiring and switches.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
razor1
Gone Wild

What about the turn signals etc?
Old 11-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: Need Help - To rewire or fix the current lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor1 View Post
What about the turn signals etc?
They are less than $80.00 last time I bought them. I had them on the 04 for about 4 months and took them off. I kept running the battery dead because they don't self cancel so when the wife are kids would leave them on the battery would drain.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
They are less than $80.00 last time I bought them. I had them on the 04 for about 4 months and took them off. I kept running the battery dead because they don't self cancel so when the wife are kids would leave them on the battery would drain.
That's why I did this for my accessories:

12 volt accessory schematic.

12 volt accessory power distribution box. From left to right: xenon wig-wag power supply, neon lights power supply, terminal strip, 36 volt 25 amp relay, and 15 amp fuse block.

From left to right: 55 watt halogen headlight switch (bright, off, dim), LED tail light switch, neon light switch, xenon wig-wag light switch, volt meter, EZ-GO three position uniquely keyed switch, and 12 volt power outlet. Headlights use a double pole three position switch (bright-off-dim). The lights are switched from parallel (bright) to series (dim). Key switch is wired for off, run, and run with accessories.

Marine grade dome light, stereo and speaker console, and the best mirror I've found.

Dome light has a double pole 3 position military surplus micro-switch (bright-off-dim). It powers 3 LEDs for dim and all 24 for bright.

Stereo is a JVC KD-S100 50 watt Receiver. AM, FM, CD, SD Card, USB, iPOD (optional), and Aux inputs.

Speakers are Infinity Reference 6022i, 6-½” 2 Way Speakers, 2.65 Ohms, 60 Watt RMS, 180 Watt Peak.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (102.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 09.jpg (244.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 06.jpg (216.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 08.jpg (174.9 KB, 5 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

and all 24 for bright.

holy sunrise Batman!
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
razor1
Gone Wild

My new body is arriving tomorrow, and in two weeks our neighborhood has our annual golf cart parade, really just an excuse to eat and drink while riding our carts around to each others houses, so it was time to take care of the "list"

I removed the old body and was able to get a better look at the wiring harness, and no wonder nothing worked, this thing was hacked up. It is basically useless, so I'm starting over.

I would like cut-in headlights and taillights, turn signals, a brake pedal switch and if possible a horn.

I'm looking at the following:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160688056085

Any thoughts? Compared to others, this seems very inexpensive, but maybe I'm missing something.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO