lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
Ironmaster
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default E-Z-GO ST 4X4 Fuel problem

Hi All! New to your great fourm..
I bought a new 2007 Ezgo ST 4x4 two years ago from an Ezgo dealer..It has allways been hard to start and warm up..I only have 70 hours on it..Last summer it would not start and took it back to the dealer and after $350.00 it ran for a week then died again..He told me it was dirt in caurb..I found a lot of water in the fuel tank..This is from the angle of the filler cap and the way water will come in from the vent..I made a flap to keep this from happing again..
I drained all the fuel from the tank and I also found the pick up tube with it's screen mesh was flatten down..This tells me that the tube is too long..I shorten it by an 1"..I put a bulb pump primer in-line to help get fuel to the carb..Still wont start..I took the carb off and it did have some dirt in it..I need a gasket kit for it..There is an "O" gasket on the bottom 1/2 that I can see that was pinched off and it was not installed correctly..Where can I get replacment carb parts for this Honda engine? I allways thought the fuel pump is not working right..The dealer is no help, now he's closed for the winter..
I think Ezgo and Honda did a poor engineering job designing this machine..When it was running, the idle could not be controled..Either too fast and you can't shift it into gear or too slow and it stalls...
I like the ruggedness of it, don't like the stiff ride though..
Anyone have any help on this fuel problem? Thanks!
Ironmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-GO ST 4X4 Fuel problem

Hi Ironmaster, Can you get the old "o" ring out? You might be able to just go to a local hardware and match it up. Be sure to look at metric and standard size "0" rings.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO