lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
uhrej3
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G16 runs then doesn't run

I have a 01 Yamaha G16. Sometimes it runs sometimes it doesn't. It used to work for a few hours and then once it cooled down it would run again. Now it runs for a little bit than quits. I have found when I take a wrench to the starter and hit it it fires back up, last time the wrench didn't work so I help spin the belt and then it fired up again.

I have recently replaced the battery, the Solenoid and all the fuses and tightened the ground cable to the battery. I am running out of time and money. Any Ideas?
uhrej3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
swampsat
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G16 runs then doesn't run

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhrej3 View Post
I have a 01 Yamaha G16. Sometimes it runs sometimes it doesn't. It used to work for a few hours and then once it cooled down it would run again. Now it runs for a little bit than quits. I have found when I take a wrench to the starter and hit it it fires back up, last time the wrench didn't work so I help spin the belt and then it fired up again.

I have recently replaced the battery, the Solenoid and all the fuses and tightened the ground cable to the battery. I am running out of time and money. Any Ideas?
its time rebuild the starter/gen one can be done for less than $200.00 that not 2 bad.
swampsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
uhrej3
Not Yet Wild

Got the rebuilt done and the problem is gone.
uhrej3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
swampsat
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhrej3 View Post
Got the rebuilt done and the problem is gone.
glade to here your back up and running
swampsat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ignition coil, starter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha