lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
TreeBass
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Charger question

Seems my buddy's picked up some new carts (2007 and 2010), and when they put them on charge, they charge, and trickle charge.

Is there any way for me to get a charger for a 91 ezgo that would do the same? Or modify my current charger to trickle as needed when I'm not there?

This is my charger

Thanks
TreeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger question

Your Green-Faced Total Charge charger is a good charger, but it won't magically keep your batteries charged while you aren't there and can't be modified to do so.

Here is what I use. (36V version)
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html

It goes into a float charge mode (constant voltage) mode after the regular charge completes and will keep the batteries fully charged as long as AC power applied to it.

Of course, you have to check water level occasionally, but the voltage it keeps the batteries at is below the voltage where major gassing occurs.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
TreeBass
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks Johnnieb, appreciate the info. I guess I'll have to add that to my "list". It would make it alot easier when she's sitting at the lease, and I can't get there for a couple weeks.
TreeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You may be able to find a timer that's big enough to power the charger. A quick search on eBay turned up some potential candidates. You'll have to look on the charger to see how many amps it draws, but I'd bet 15 amps would be plenty, as that's what most 120 volt outlets are fed by.

I have a timer switch that is used to turn on and off big signs. Since stores often have different hours for weekends, these type of switches are fairly common.

You can set it up to power the charger once a week for 18 hours or so. What I don't know is what you'd have to do to make your charger turn on any time it's powered up.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Taykol
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
What I don't know is what you'd have to do to make your charger turn on any time it's powered up.
Bypass the relay.
Taykol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just pick up 3 of these and a power strip! When you convert to 48V get one more.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schumacher...arger/13005742
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO