lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New 92 EZGO

I just purchased my first cart, only $200. It sat for a long time. I charge the batteries and I am getting about 31 volts, seems like enough to get her going? At least for a test? I am going to test the electrical system next, but I wanted to see if this was enough voltage to get me going.
79camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New 92 EZGO

No you need 36v minimum. Welcome to BGW.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks! even for a test? Seems like I should be getting some action with 31 volts?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Taykol
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

You can 'test' the electrical with a voltmeter, but not test the cart riding down the road.
Taykol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah it's sitting in my garage. I get almost 30v from the batteries, 32 volts from the controller, but nothing on acceleration?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Welcome 79camaro!

Have you opened all the caps on your batteries and verified they have fluid? You have either one bad battery or multiple batteries with individual bad cells. Keep the charger on it. And keep reseting the charger after it's 12 hour charge timer if your charger has one.

If you are only asking about testing then you will need 36 volts. Volts are volts no matter how you get them BUT ONLY FOR TESTING! I don't know how much time you have spent searching this site so I don't want you to get the impression you can just toss anything at your cart for testing, and then because it works you stop from putting the cart back to an original state.

And BTW, $200 is a good deal. I paid the same for mine at the start. If I knew then what I know now I would have tried talking them down a few more bucks though.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ha ha. Yeah i've been lurching these forums for weeks. I refreshed my batteries before even posting, getting almost 6volts from them all. I know they will need replacement, but I want to see what else i need before I start sinking $ into it. I should be getting something from 29 + volts, no?
Old 11-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79camaro View Post
Ha ha. Yeah i've been lurching these forums for weeks. I refreshed my batteries before even posting, getting almost 6volts from them all. I know they will need replacement, but I want to see what else i need before I start sinking $ into it. I should be getting something from 29 + volts, no?
I believe a stock controller stops working in the low 30's. You need to find 36v to test. A true 36v pack starts at 38.2 volts and when it drops to 36v it is at 50% charge.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:48 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79camaro View Post
That would equate to 36 volts, not 29. Some of the tests could require having the buggy up on jack stands, with high current running to the motor.

29 volts "may" be enough to troubleshoot the solenoid activation circuit.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #10
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I charged again overnight (I don't have the stock charger, using an auto 24volt so I have to charge only two at a time) and I now have 36+ volts. Still nothing from the controller. I did a continuity test on the large contacts on the solenoid and I don't get anything. Does that indicate a bad solenoid? Any other means to bypass that for a test?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO