lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Floricultura
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGo TXT DCS Controller is not powering on

I have and unknown year EZGo TXT. The stock controller stopped working so we replaced it with an Alltrax DCS controller. The cart worked for about five minutes then quit. We suspect that the motor was bad and drawing to many amps. We replaced the motor, and charged the batteries but now the controller is not powering on. There is a charging resistor that goes around the solenoid that is always hot. I am not sure if this is normal. The ignition switch is working correctly but I am unsure of where to go from here. Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Floricultura is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGo TXT DCS Controller is not powering on

Don't quote me but there is a sensor around the gas pedal called an ITS or IDS, that could be your culprit.

I had the same thing happen but I would check all of your connections to your motor. Mine quit and I thought it was controller to find out I burned up one of the connections. I did get my Alltrax earlier than I needed but happen nonetheless.

Keep researching here and you will find out.
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floricultura View Post
I have and unknown year EZGo TXT. The stock controller stopped working so we replaced it with an Alltrax DCS controller. The cart worked for about five minutes then quit. We suspect that the motor was bad and drawing to many amps. We replaced the motor, and charged the batteries but now the controller is not powering on. There is a charging resistor that goes around the solenoid that is always hot. I am not sure if this is normal. The ignition switch is working correctly but I am unsure of where to go from here. Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Welcome To BGW!

I suspect the solenoid is not activating and the controller is trying to draw enough power through the pre-charge resistor to run the cart.

A solenoid needs + and - present at the small terminals when the peddle is pressed to activate & supply power to the controller.

Print & follow this solenoid activation diagram for a DCS cart and see where the + side of the power stops.

Remember key on & cart in gear.
Jack at least one wheel up off the floor so the cart does not take off if it starts up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCS-Diagram.JPG (117.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
Floricultura
Not Yet Wild

Thanks scottyb. I have narrowed the problem down. I have + voltage on one side of the coil on the solenoid but I am not getting - on the coil. It looks like from the wiring diagram that the - is coming from the controller. I am not sure if there is a problem with the controller now or why I am not getting any - on the coil to activate the solenoid.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That is a controller failure. You can bring 36v negative from the pack main to the coil and see if it will run like that.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You have to have B+ (Battery pack voltage) on Pins 5, 6, 9 & 10 to get the controller to apply B- to the solenoid via the blue wire on Pin-7.

Any of those missing, the controller won't activate the solenoid.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
Floricultura
Not Yet Wild

It is definitely a controller problem. Thanks for the info. I did have B+ on pins 5,6,9, and 10 but still no - on pin 7. I tried your idea scottyb about putting a jumper from the battery - to the negative terminal on the coil of the solenoid but I think I smoked the controller. Looks like I will have to get a new one. Any suggestions on where and what to get?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floricultura View Post
It is definitely a controller problem. Thanks for the info. I did have B+ on pins 5,6,9, and 10 but still no - on pin 7. I tried your idea scottyb about putting a jumper from the battery - to the negative terminal on the coil of the solenoid but I think I smoked the controller. Looks like I will have to get a new one. Any suggestions on where and what to get?
I don't see how ... unless you brought positive?
Give me a call and I'll make you a deal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO