lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
sprocket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: power wise charger/recepticle question

I took the cover off the cart recepticle and looked nice and clean with no noticeable trouble. I also took the plug (male end) apart that goes into the cart. I couldn't see any trouble there, I did tighten the screws in there just a little bit . Not enough to make a difference I don't think. I think the next step is to remove the cord all together and pull it apart. It must have a short in there some where. I wish it was on your bench also !!! That way when you get it fixed I could give you a WELL DESERVED pat on the back!! Thanks.
sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
sprocket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Johnnieb, I just took the DC cord apart on the charger. I found a small break in the wire's covering (white) at the fuse end just after the shrink tube. The only thing I can think of is that it must have been shorting onto the plate where the ammeter is held. Took the plug apart again that goes into the cart and could find nothing wrong. I taped off the "hot" going to the fuse and plugged in the ac cord, nothing happened!! No click when I plug the DC cord into the cart either. So I am thinking if I replace the 50 amp fuse it might work. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #13
sprocket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Many many thanks to johnnieb and littlebob for guiding me through my charger issues. Just to summarize...had major sparks coming from the charger , took it apart and found that the 50 amp fuse was missing , miraculously it charged once more with the DC power wire not connected! Found a break in the white wire covering which I would say was shorting out. Just replaced the 50 amp fuse and it works perfect!! Again thanks to you guys at BGW!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lot 33-20121211-00025.jpg (146.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO