lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

Default Too good to be true?

Check out this link for this cart I found on Craigslist. This seems too good to be true to me.

http://montana.craigslist.org/fod/3467033666.html
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
cowboysclassics
Getting Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Too good to be true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpolarbear View Post
Check out this link for this cart I found on Craigslist. This seems too good to be true to me.

http://montana.craigslist.org/fod/3467033666.html
It is to good to be true. Anytime they have an ad that looks like that and has their email address posted in the ad it is a scammer. If you search craislist with the title you will most likelly see it is listed in several areas all over the US. Just my opinion though.

I did a search on bing and its posted all over the US, most ads have been flagged already. http://www.bing.com/search?q=2009+EL...c=IE-SearchBox
cowboysclassics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
jlhog
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey, Look there is one just like it fot sale in MI. **** good deal. I better send a cashiers check before someone else GETS it.
http://swmi.craigslist.org/fod/3467917844.html
jlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
cramblit26
I'm 'That Guy"!

Mixed Breed

Not trying to ruin your day, but these types of offers have been all over Michigans craigslist lately. A tell tale sign is the big ad type pictures and big bright or bold wording in the add. There was a 2010 Kubota RTV900 diesel fully loaded for $2500 looked just like this add. I would contact the seller, go and look at the deal and take delivery and bill of sale at the same time. I wouldn't just send a cashier's check.
cramblit26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
dawgn86
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

same for Georgia..it is a scam to get your email address
dawgn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have a friend that was lucky he caught his money order before it was sent.
Same kind of deal. The cart was being shipped yada yada.
He told me what he had done after the fact, and it was early
on in my time here but I had read about the scams here.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

The dialog is usually predictable. It belongs to a serviceman who at short notice was deployed overseas. He had to leave it with his uncle in xxxxxxx which is why it is not in the craigslist area it was advertised in. If you could send the money plus $xxx for shipping by Western Union I will ship it tomorrow.

In all cases go and collect it and when it is in your custody pay for it. It has been said a thousand times, If it is too good to be true .......... and yet these scammers just like the advanced fee fraud still pull it off.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Don't forget the ones that respond to your ads as well."I will send you a Cashiers-Cheque/Check for the amount you are asking,and also $xxx for shipping and your time".Then when you cash the check or money-order,its' no good,and if it went thru your bank,you get charged a fee.Yes,Cashier-Checks and Money-Orders,even Postal Money-Orders can bounce,I know people that have gotten ripped off.The other half of the check/money-order allows the purchaser to void it!Plus they get your e-mail address when you respond,even if its' just to say No-Thanks.Now they can hack you that way too!Unless you know that the seller is reputable,don't fall for it.Ebay has done alot to get rid of the scammers there,Most deals done there now are 100% legit,CraigsList is 30% scammers,40% Morons(buyers and sellers).There are some real winners on there,but also some good people with honest deals.I've had good luck,others haven't.If it smells like S***,Its' likely S***.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO