lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
LADDitude
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 6 seater 2010 Electric Cart-48v - governor

I just purchase this cart this weekend and will use around camp ground. Probably hard to believe but this thing runs too fast

I'm new to this so I'm not sure about the motor but wanted some opinions on slowing it down. My concern is more for my family and their safety. Ran it last night and top end it'll run close to 25mph. Our place has a 15 mph speed limit.

Can these be governer down or even simpler would it be feasible to put a block behind the accelerator? Just look for ideas and suggestions. Friend told me it's best to run a full throttle when you can but again, this thing is much faster than I had anticipated.

What other info can I provide that would helpful to get some advice?
Thanks.
LADDitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 6 seater 2010 Electric Cart-48v - governor

Full throttle all the time??? To slow it down, don't step on the pedal.... They have an accelerator pedal for a reason, so they are not ALL ON, or ALL OFF... I wouldn't worry too much and driving slow....

What controller is on it? If it's an after market controller, it might be able to be programmed to tame it down.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
LADDitude
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks as350pilot........... didn't think about it being programable. I'll check on the controller. Is reprograming something I could do or is this a job for a serviceperson?
LADDitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It depends on the controller, and your technical abilities with computers. (ie. install a USB to serial controller...)
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADDitude View Post
I just purchase this cart this weekend and will use around camp ground. Probably hard to believe but this thing runs too fast

I'm new to this so I'm not sure about the motor but wanted some opinions on slowing it down. My concern is more for my family and their safety. Ran it last night and top end it'll run close to 25mph. Our place has a 15 mph speed limit.

Can these be governer down or even simpler would it be feasible to put a block behind the accelerator? Just look for ideas and suggestions. Friend told me it's best to run a full throttle when you can but again, this thing is much faster than I had anticipated.

Thanks.
I had to read your post twice. Too fast, I must have been hit in the head. Lot of guys here would love to have 25mph. Just keep your foot off the pedal and you'll be fine. Will they ticket you in the campground?
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADDitude View Post

Thanks.
What type of cart?
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO