lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #21
barber613
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: LiFePo4 batteries

20140707_214523.jpg

20140707_195513.jpg
barber613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #22
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Very nice !! You might consider getting the combustibles (wood) out of the compartment. I have used starboard like what boats use. A whole lot less combustable.

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #23
barber613
Getting Wild

Club Car

Carts back up and running with the 100Amp hour cells. Unbelievable is the only way to describe the performance of the LiFePo4 batteries. I have 16 cells for a total of 53 volts, the acceleration is far superior to lead acid. Flat ground, up hill, pulling a wagon with concrete paving blocks, it didn't matter.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #24
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, I'm sold! I am going to have to replace my batteries next spring. I think I will get this season out of them. I did some checking and I was surprised at the price. Let's talk dollars and cents. How much do you think someone would have in a set like yours with the charger? I can do the install and mods so that should save some money. What do you think? ScottyB this looks like an opportunity for you.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #25
barber613
Getting Wild

Club Car

We should be able to provide more specs and performance data within the next week. The battery management system records everything. I am sure my kids will log many miles on it this weekend. Currently I am using my Club Car charger, the system engineer uses some type of server power supply at 220v, will charge pack from dead to full in around an hour. He is on forum also, sure he will chime in when more data had been collected.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #26
olpainless
Not Yet Wild

Did they recommend the 'crimped' cable ends as apposed to soldered and heat shrink?
Very clean install!
olpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #27
barber613
Getting Wild

Club Car

There really is no they. The company my neighbor works for uses this type battery in multiple other applications. When put this test pack together we were making it up as we went. The plan is to run it in my cart for awhile and get the data from that, then it is going in a EZGO txt at the golf course we live on to get that data set.
Earlier in summer, a data recording device was install at course in a cart with lead acid batteries. He will be able to give side by side comparison of performance.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #28
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Very nice install Barber!! The Lithium batteries are pretty amazing.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #29
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Seems like a easy install, what's the price? For the cells and charger? I mean all you have is positive and negative wire running from the pack to the charger and same for the controller/solenoid. Unlike the **** obc in the equation. Simple simple but what's the price?
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #30
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithiumboost View Post
Hey guys, My father has developed a lithium battery system for golf carts that has 200 carts in the field. He has solved a lot of the problems associated with Lithium in LSVs. Look the company up online. The install is quite beautiful. We had a guy in Florida install a 180ah system. He goes about 50 miles on a single charge. Let me know any questions and I will be happy to get answers for you.
What's the web address ?
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car